17 days ago
Ubisoft Abu Dhabi is looking for a Financial Controller who will act as a business partner to the studio. Reporting to the Studio Managing Director, you will be required to track and maintain records of the studios financial performance and make sound recommendations on opportunities and risks to optimize performance in alignment with Ubisoft Mobile strategy. You will guarantee the reliability, integrity and quality of financial data through expertise on Finance standards and practices
Accounting and Bookkeeping:
- Analytical Codification of Invoices as per group norms
- Maintain accurate bookkeeping
- Maintain consistency between Accounting and Reporting
- Ensure invoices are cleared in a timely manner
Reporting and Recording:
- Creating management reports –including reports on resource allocation, resource costs, activity costs etc.
- Tracking budget v/s actuals of all projects
- Monthly Reporting: Declaration of wages, time spent and activity costs on projects
Budgeting and Forecasting:
- Create Budgets and form cost structures for all studio related costs including- Internal Staff costs, General Expenses, Activity Costs etc.
- prepare and present Business Planning Review to HQ
- Take ownership of cost planning and budget maintenance
- Prepare forecasts and maintain cash flow
- Update all internal tools with regards to financial information and ensure consistency and accuracy of data
- Analyze and report variances
- Build and update Games P&L for gates
- Post-launch follow-up and optimization
- Excellent knowledge of Financial Planning processes, systems and tools.
- Business acumen. Strong analytical skills.
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, team spirit, proactivity.
- Fluent in English
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills
- Passion for the industry would be preferred
- A degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in Finance or Accounting.
To all recruitment agencies: Ubisoft does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Ubisoft employees or any other company location. Ubisoft is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Opened in October 2011, Ubisoft Abu Dhabi is one of the first major video game studios based in the UAE capital and is focusing on developing and bringing to market successful mobile games for a worldwide audience.
This position is based in the vibrant expat city of Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates. Abu Dhabi is multi-cultural city, based on an island in the Persian Gulf and 1-hour drive from Dubai. Abu Dhabi offers vibrant social and forward-thinking cultural lifestyle. It has an array of experiences and events including pristine beaches, Formula 1, Theme Parks, Louvre Museum, vibrant nightlife and year-round sunshine. Having ranked number 1 for the past 4 years in a row as the safest city in the world (Numbeo), providing a great home and standard of living.
Ubisoft Abu Dhabi successfully released two hidden-object / investigation free-to-play mobile titles: CSI: Hidden Crimes™ and NCIS: Hidden Crimes™. With the acquisition in February 2017 of the massive multiplayer free-to-play game Growtopia, the studio works on the title’s live operations. The team keeps focusing its efforts on creating further content for its live games and strengthening its player’s engagement in addition to work on other unannounced projects.