15 days ago
Are you an experienced Audio Designer looking for a new opportunity where you can make a real impact?
We want you to #JOINTHEREBELLION!
For 30 years we’ve been creating incredible video games at our multiple studios, but Rebellion is more than just games. We have our own film and mo-cap studio, we create board games, publish books, and through 2000AD, publish comics and graphic novels such as the amazing Judge Dredd.
We operate across multiple UK locations, with studios based in Oxford, Warwick, Liverpool and Wakefield. Work-life balance is important to us, and we want everyone at Rebellion to work in the way that works best for them. so as long as you are based in the UK, we are always open to discussing how we can support remote and/or Hybrid working options.
We are on the lookout for a Financial Controller that will oversee the extensive variety of duties undertaken by the finance department, including setting targets and supporting individual departments to create and maintain their budgets.
You will maintain all financial systems for your assigned business area, identifying areas that require improvement and implementing necessary changes to support business development.
- Supervise the preparation of month end accounts and VAT returns
- Ensure the completion of bank and balance sheet reconciliations
- Budget analysis
- Managing the audit process and liaising with external personnel
- Oversee the preparation of year end statutory accounts
- Managing, mentoring and motivating the accounts team
- Budgeting & forecasting
- Contributing to company financial strategy and decision-making process
- Undertaking financial analysis and reporting
- Ensuring robust financial systems and processes are in place
- Overseeing tax and compliance
- Developing forecasting models (P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow)
- Mentor and line manage junior members of the team
- A-level or degree qualified 2:1 in any relevant subject.
- ACCA accredited (or equivalent) with working experience post qualification.
- Experience as a Financial/Management accountant
- Experience as a line manager
- Experience in leading financial teams and overseeing a company’s financial control and reporting activities.
- Computer literate with good skills in Excel and a comprehensive knowledge of accounting software, payroll and benefits packages
- Good working knowledge of Sage accounting
- Good understanding of the principles of people management
- Knowledge of change best practices and experience in working with relevant financial and accounting software packages.
- Required to travel on company business if requested.
We offer an extensive benefits package to our team including:
Plus loads more… including a wide range of discounts, freebies and social events!
- 26 days holiday + Bank holidays (increasing with service at 5 years – one day each year until you reach 31 days)
- Private Medical Insurance, healthcare cash plan, including dental and Vision
- Life Assurance, Income Protection & Critical Illness Cover
- Enhanced Family Leave
- Interest Free, Tax-Free loans
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- EAP a range of Mental Health and Wellbeing Support
Whichever team you join at Rebellion we are proud of our open, friendly and creative atmosphere. We love what we do and we have fun doing it! As a big indie developer, we have complete creative freedom over our titles which allows us to work on a massive variety of projects across all the major platforms.
Find out more about us here
Our size, stability, and the variety of in-house expertise across multiple industries, makes Rebellion completely unique! We work in our own way, and we celebrate that as the key to our success. We foster an inclusive culture where you are encouraged to be yourself, to express your creativity and your talent. We are people focused and will support you in every way to can to be the best at what you do. We recognise the importance of enjoying what you do and having a healthy work-life balance. We offer a friendly, creative and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and a wide variety of benefits and development opportunities for all our teams to ensure you are fully supported with your physical and Mental Well-being.
We are actively recruiting for a diverse team and continue to add to our culture of growth and inclusion. Rebellion encourages innovation in all areas, and we look forward to hearing how you can help us to be better. We encourage all demographics of culture, gender, ethnicity, neuro-diversity and beyond, because a representative team makes better products.
If you are interested in working at Rebellion, but this role doesn’t sound quite like you, we’re recruiting for a range of positions across the studio and we’re always happy to receive speculative applications via our website. Visit our Careers website to view all of our live vacancies: Rebellion : Careers
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.