1 month ago
Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game publishers, with well over 600 million downloads worldwide for mobile hits such as Draw It, Teacher Simulator, Let’s Be Cops 3D and Makeover Studio 3D. Alongside this, we also have a growing PC and console team of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join TENS! and Eternal Hope.
With a team of talented people collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, the Philippines and many more, we have a truly global team making games for a global audience. And it’s paying off: Kwalee games have been downloaded in every country on earth! If you think you’re a good fit for one of our remote vacancies, we want to hear from you wherever you are based.
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters for many years, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts. Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle. Could your idea be the next global hit?
As Financial Controller you will be leading the financial control and commercial negotiations to ensure the company can grow rapidly.
What you tell your friends you do
“I constantly improve the bottom line to ensure the business grows and moves forward. Profit is my middle name!”
What you will really be doing
- Implementing strong financial controls to maximise profits
- Negotiating the best commercial terms for the company
- Leading financial due diligence on potential acquisitions
- Leading and managing the finance team
- Preparing and reviewing financial reports e.g board packs
- Cash flow forecasting including working capital review
- Implementing new systems and automation
- Producing accurate and timely financial statements
How you will be doing this
- You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to coordinate efforts and get the best results.
- You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you can get it.
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with around 150 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important design and technical decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced and passionate team, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games.
Skills and requirements
- Proven track record of reducing costs and increasing efficiencies to maximise profits with numerous examples
- Minimum 10 years commercial and financial experience
- Minimum 5 years experience in industry (ideally tech)
- Strong management experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Dynamic and highly organised
- ACA or ACCA qualification
- Ideally passion for games
We firmly believe that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.