This job might no longer be available.
Financial Analytics Business Partner
1 month ago
Ubisoft, a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry, is currently seeking a full-time Financial Analytics Business Partner responsible for forecasting financial performance for a portfolio of games and delivering value-added business analyses that support insightful, data-driven decision-making. This person will be reporting to the Director, Finance Analytics, and indirectly to the Executive Publisher.
The ideal candidate is high-performing with an analytical mind that thrives in delivering solutions to complex problems, has an affinity for data and analytics in support of driving business decisions, is a strong business partner with demonstrated experience collaborating across functions.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about games and has a deep interest in our industry.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Lead the development of the annual gross margin budget, financial forecasts, and long-term strategy planning cycles for a portfolio of titles under Executive Publisher ownership. Assess and propose title potential at Macro Region level with corresponding marketing investment.
- Understand market dynamics, business trends, and competitive landscape to assess impact on financial performance of supported titles. Benchmark against historical data for comparative titles (external / Internal) to determine overall ambition.
- Provide “real-time” finance analytical support to Executive Publisher. Act as trusted advisor, applying business judgment and financial insights to enable data-driven business decisions related to product life cycle and roadmap
- Collaborate and coordinate with Executive Publisher and transversal teams to understand and validate underlying business assumptions and assess risks and opportunities for title portfolio performance
- Work cross functionally with Production studios to understand product roadmap, game strategy and events impacting acquisition. Lead financial modeling for production gates on behalf of Publishing
- Synthesize data from various sources to develop complex financial analyses and models to assess financial viability of potential deals, valuation, and cannibalization impact
- Measure the impact and track performance of acquisition tactics, proactively work with pricing and sales team to recommend strategies to boost sales performance to Executive Publisher
- Support and present executive- level analysis to Executive Publisher and Sr. Leadership team.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Strong bias towards action, enjoy finding patterns amidst chaos, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive business impact
- Technical skills to surface insights quickly, and interpersonal skills to communicate those insights in a way that persuades action
- Advance Excel skills and data manipulation of large, multi-dimensional data sets
- Strong analytical skills and business judgment to model sophisticated scenarios and apply insights to strategy and planning
- Excellent business partnering and communication skills, with a proven track record of working across all levels of the organization
What to send our way
· Your CV, your expertise and/or related experience and skills.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Ubisoft code of conduct: Ubisoft Code of Conduct
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.