This job might no longer be available.
13 days ago
FINANCIAL ANALYST – Marketing Consumer Insights & Lifecycle Marketing
ENTERTAINING IS OUR PASSION
We’re EA—the world’s leading video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Apex Legends, Battlefield, Need for Speed, and Star Wars, to name but a few. We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Our Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team plays a critical role in providing strategic partnership to leaders across EA. We achieve this through effectively engaging with our partners to understand our broad strategy, analyzing data, and delivering insights to help drive EA’s current and future performance. This role will partner with our Marketing Consumer Insights and Lifecycle Marketing teams. The Marketing Consumer Insights team represents the voice of our players to influence game design. The team also focuses on data driven solutions through predictive analytics. The Lifecycle team builds player relationships and focuses on lifetime value by designing cohesive and personalized player messaging journeys across owned channels.
What you’ll do:
- Build relationships with partners and actively collaborate to work toward a goal
- Gain a deep understanding of the Production teams
- Collaborate with teams to manage the financials associated with business operations
- Understand and manage budget including on-going risks and opportunities for the teams
- Manage and Approve Business Spend (including Headcount) in line with budgets
- Work with the teams to prepare 3-year financial forecast for the business
- Prepare financial reporting and analyses and provide meaningful insights to drive decision making and influence business direction
Financial Close, Forecasting, Reporting and Analysis
- Independently own the monthly/quarterly close activities in collaboration with the accounting teams including multiple variance analyses for compliance
- Own the financial forecast process for the Production partners and prepare insightful analysis including variance analyses for various business and corporate stakeholders
Drive FP&A Excellence
- Learn about the business and finance processes and identify areas of improvement, standardization, and automation of forecasting, reporting and close
- Learn about the business and utilize financial reporting and analyses to drive decision making
Who you are:
- Motivated to learn about business operations and FP&A at EA with an eye for detail
- Proactively thinks about solutions to existing and new challenges
- Ability to handle multiple and competing priorities, meet tight deadlines, and to thrive in a fast-paced environment with high degree of change
- Ability to work with ambiguity and independence
- A team player able to work collaboratively, within the group and cross-functionally across business units/functions as a thought leader and partner
Experience and Technical Skills
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 2-3 years of related financial experience
- Some experience with P&L management, budgeting, forecasting, reporting and analysis
- Demonstrated proficiency in accounting and general GAAP knowledge
- Expertise in MS Excel and PowerPoint; Familiarity with Hyperion Essbase, Tableau and Oracle a plus