Financial Analyst, Global Marketing Finance & Business Operations
12 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
San Mateo, CA
The PlayStation Global Marketing (GM) Finance & Business Operations Team is seeking a candidate for the role of Financial Analyst. Key responsibilities include financial planning, reporting and analysis in support of our monthly/quarterly/annual budget and forecasting processes, key investments, cost optimization initiatives, and strategic decision-making. This critical team member will act as a finance business partner with select Global Marketing Teams, providing financial operations support and driving accountability of budgets, expenses, and forecasts in alignment with our strategic goals and objectives.
- Support monthly, quarterly, and annual Global Marketing budget and forecasting processes.
- Collaborate with select Global Marketing Teams on expense management (budget and expenditure tracking, accruals/reclasses, forecasts and reporting) and quarterly financial reviews.
- Ensure client team budgets are consistently tracked, measured, and reconciled, ensuring data integrity and variance explanations for discrepancies.
- Extract, interpret and analyze financial data to identify meaningful trends and uncover insights in support of key initiatives and projects.
- Develop frameworks, build scalable models/templates, and repeatable processes to enable collecting, analyzing, and reporting datasets and financial results.
- Manage and optimize workflows and processes to minimize complexities and promote efficient business operations.
- Provide ongoing support to select Global Marketing Teams by collaborating with Finance to help troubleshoot accounting, vendor management, payment processing, and financial system-related issues.
- Provide ad hoc expense analysis and reporting for leadership team and key partners.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 3-5 years of work experience in finance/business analytics role
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Detail-oriented with experience collecting, organizing, and disseminating data and abundant information with accuracy
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive, resourceful, and takes ownership to ensure successful outcomes
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and deliver against aggressive timelines
- Willingness to assist with a variety of tasks and work independently as well as collaboratively on a team
- Client-focused with ability to build relationships and partnerships with internal cross-functional teams
- Ability to quickly master new information systems and reporting tools and applications
- Experience in digital media, Internet, technology, or gaming industries a plus
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.