Finance and Strategy Analyst - Warcraft
4 days ago
Team Name:World of Warcraft
Job Title:Finance and Strategy Analyst - Warcraft
Job Title: Finance and Strategy Analyst - Warcraft
Department: Finance and Strategy
Location: Irvine, CA
Blizzard Entertainment games don’t just begin with game ideas, or end once those games are released. A lot more goes into the creation of a Blizzard product than the work of developers—and we support our games for years after they’re in the hands of gamers world-wide.
We’re seeking an Analyst who will become an indispensable resource for the Warcraft franchise, working on titles such as World of Warcraft, Hearthstone, as well as unannounced projects. This position will be part of Blizzard’s Finance and Strategy team which partners with game development, publishing, and global insights to help keep management’s finger on the pulse of the business, as well as analyze opportunities and develop franchise strategy.
- Act as a financial and strategic planning resource for Warcraft
- Bring operational discipline to our businesses through regular data-driven financial performance reviews with franchise leadership
- Build and maintain integrated financial models that reflects the revenue and cost structures to project the impact of product decisions, regional markets, and pricing on short and long-term performance
- Deliver insights and support business decision making related to the franchise
- Identify and evaluate opportunities to sustainably grow the franchise
- Maintain franchise specific FP&A activities including weekly pacing, quarter close, quarterly forecasting as well as the annual budget cycle
- Support the Long Range Planning process including interfacing with the central strategy team, developing Blizzard-wide materials, and supporting the game teams as needed
- Ensure the development team has visibility of their budgets on a regular cadence and deliver standard financial reporting (pacing, close, forecast, etc.)
- Perform competitive analysis as needed for strategic planning
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business, finance, related areas or equivalent work experience
- Top academic performance in an analytical discipline
- Collaborative problem solver who thrives as part of a high performing team
- Structured and organized thinker; excellent written, verbal and PowerPoint communications
- Excellent quantitative skills, with the ability to build detailed models in Excel
- Integrity, excellent judgment, and discretion
- Demonstrated passion for games
- Ability to demonstrate a deep knowledge of games
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.