20 days ago
This role will be based on-site in Santa Monica, CA.
Why Naughty Dog?
For nearly 40 years, Naughty Dog has been crafting best-selling, critically acclaimed games that constantly push the boundaries of narrative, gameplay, and technology. We’ve been busy at the Kennel, most recently releasing The Last of Us Part I, a complete and faithful remake of the original game, rebuilt from the ground up and fully optimized for the PlayStation 5 and currently in development for PC. As a part of the Naughty Dog legacy, you’ll be continuing the development of extraordinary and enduring experiences for a broad, global range of audiences.
Naughty Dog games have long been lauded for their evocative, character-driven stories and attention to detail. We are committed to innovation within our games and as such have curated some of the top creative and technically innovative minds in the industry. We welcome diverse candidates and believe that a broad range of cultural and life experiences contribute to the overall well-being and success of the studio and the titles we craft together.
The Finance Manager will work with the Finance Director, Studio and Project Leaders to establish and execute consistent best practices around financial reporting that empower Naughty Dog to make top quality, profitable games and ensure studio vitality. Responsibilities and duties are as follows.
- Conduct financial planning and analysis (FP&A) activities including annual budgeting, quarterly forecasting, as well as annual budget mid-range planning (MRP) for games and studio
- Monitor P&L and work with departments to provide accurate forecasts and analysis for strategic planning
- Prepare, track and follow-up on project and studio budgets with Project and Studio Leaders
- Collaborate with Production to ensure budget and financial models align with project plans and anticipated project and team output
- Develop, implement and maintain workflows around budgeting, forecasts and actuals
- Create tools, ad-hoc analyses and standardized reports on (financial) subjects both upon request as well as upon your own discretion/insight
- Prepare thorough and clear presentations and communication materials tailored to the right audience level (e.g. Creative Management, Studio Leadership, Central Finance Team, etc.)
- Define and implement KPIs as well as mechanics for collecting and analyzing data to monitor performance
- Proactively anticipate risk scenarios and recommend mitigation strategies to key stakeholders
- Manage compliance with corporate governance
- Conduct contract negotiations
- Work closely with studio leadership to identify levers that could positively impact the financial performance of the studio and all games
Requirements and Skills:
- Solid track record of success in P&L analysis, financial planning, professionalizing of processes and workflow implementation
- Significant knowledge and application experience of finance systems
- Excel expertise and high proficiency with MS Office software
- Ability to build strong relationships with partners and positively influence and align stakeholders
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Ability to adapt quickly and maintain attention to detail
- Minimum of 6-8 years of experience or equivalence in a similar role with similar responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Business Administration
- Experience in the entertainment, technology, and/or games industry
- Hands-on experience of SAP R/3 and Cognos Analytics
- Master’s degree in Finance or Business Administration
As a part of the Naughty Dog application process, candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio or demo reel of their work and may be asked to complete an art test, in addition to a phone screen.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression, and gender reassignment), race (including color, nationality, ethnic, national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees, and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location. Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role may be eligible for bonus and SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products.
Please note depending on employment type these benefits may vary.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
$125,400 — $188,200 USD