8 days ago
Who We Are:
At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
What We Need:
We are looking for a Finance Manager who will manage Studio finance operations including preparing, reviewing, analyzing, and making recommendations on budget requests for various VC Studios operations external production costs. This candidate will be a strategic thinker, highly analytical, creative, and have a demonstrated ability to effectively manage financial responsibilities and decision making in a rapidly evolving business. This role requires a self-starter with strong attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple projects effectively. This role also has regular interaction with various VC senior executives, 2K Finance, various business units, and requires strong interpersonal and communication skills. The Finance Manager will report to a COO of the Studio or Studio’s senior executive leadership.
What you will do:
- Own preparation Studio’s external/3rd Party development cost budget/forecast in coordination with 2K Finance, partnership with various studio leaderships, business stakeholders to collect and gather operating and project/title development assumptions
- Key support for Studio’s procurement services, PO issuances, oversight of contractual milestone payments in accordance with corporate’s payment policies and requirements
- Prepare, report, monitor and manage headcount/resource allocation to projects/titles and labor model, external cost allocations in line with product development pipeline
- Collaboration with following stakeholders: 2K finance team; functional teams for developing forecasts and budgets; decision support for business
- Updates to monthly forecasts and quarterly and product development assumptions while incorporating variance analysis (actual v. budget and forecast)
- Recommend courses of action to help with cost controls, participate in financial scenarios buildings
- Monitor budget requests from numerous departments and provide variance explanations and business insights to the stakeholders in concise manner
- Prepares ad-hoc reports, special projects, and presentations for various internal stakeholders
- Work with the Finance and Business teams to set up new processes and procedures, and opportunities for operational improvement
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field; (MBA is a plus)
- Minimum 6 - 8 years experience in finance
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel & Power Point is required
- Excellent communication skills to interface with a diverse set of stakeholders in a global environment (including Finance team members and functional leaders); ability to summarize analyses and recommendations and present to leadership.
- "Can-do" attitude with a desire to learn
- Organizational savvy to handle multiple business priorities simultaneously and prioritize and complete work within stringent deadlines
- General accounting knowledge preferred
- Proactive approach to problem solving including analytical and information system skills
- Detail oriented, with high level of ethics and integrity