Finance Information Systems Analyst
18 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
About the role:
We are seeking a motivated and hardworking person to join the Financial Management Application (FMA) team at Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE). On FMA, you will enable the future generation of PlayStation while helping build out an in-house solution for automated accounting; financial journals, reporting, taxes, royalties, revenue-sharing, and more.
The person in this role will work with Finance personnel in the Americas, Asia and Europe to analyze current financial processes for local improvement and global alignment. The successful candidate will sit closely with FMA Engineering to compile and drive requirements through development.
This role is highly detail oriented while maintaining a view of the big picture, and requires a solid grasp of e-commerce operations and financial accounting principles. Are you up for the challenge?
- Act as point of contact in between PlayStation Commerce, IT, FMA and Finance to ensure financial requirements are considered in new functionalities planning
- Define system requirements for FMA's homegrown financial platform and develop against new PlayStation features around subscriptions, 3rd party games, hardware, and more
- Collaborate on the delivery of many projects and initiatives in a fast-paced and sophisticated environment, ensuring that new functionalities and integrations satisfy business need
- Meet and engage with our internal finance customers to discover opportunities to improve FMA effectiveness and operational excellence
- Ensure successful development outcomes through validation of test data and coordination of User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Monitor project progress by supervising activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions
- Help create and maintain detailed internal KB documentations to build out full scope of current state and new deliveries
- Provide support to finance users on production issues
- Proficiency in accounting and financial reporting; taking time to ensure a solid understanding of business needs
- 5+ years of experience in current tech industry business models such as e-commerce sales, subscriptions, preorders, royalties, revenue sharing, and bounties
- Proven track record in a business or systems analyst role with significant experience in large, sophisticated multi-regional, multi-functional business transformation and systems implementation projects
- Ability to work optimally and professionally with multi-functional groups across divisions, worldwide, and within department
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, and documentation skills
- Extensive analytical skills to identify and tackle problems. Capable of analyzing and evaluating requirements and making solution recommendation
- An understanding of databases and can write basics SQL queries to investigate scenarios and connect relational data within systems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills including the ability to articulate requirements to both technical and non-technical audiences
- BS/BA Degree or equivalent required
- Japanese language skills helpful
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
$95,500 — $143,300 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.