This job might no longer be available.
Finance Business Partner
5 months ago
At Improbable, we’re bringing together technology and games to create new opportunities and experiences. In order to achieve this, we need unique perspectives from diverse people, empowered to revolutionise how online games are made, delivered and paid for.
We believe one of the biggest, most impactful changes to the way we live our lives is going to come from the medium of games. Realising new communities, societies and vocations through virtual worlds is what drives our people and gives them purpose.
As a Finance Business Partner, you will be empowered to provide our executives and the wider business with the financial and operational context they need to enable the successful execution of our company strategy. You will be given autonomy to create well presented and timely reports that form the foundation of Improbable’s decision making, thus creating honest and invaluable resources.
This will require your dedication, curiosity and attention to detail in order to delve into the heart of each business unit and apply a commercial and analytical mindset to our key drivers and risks. We expect you to foster lasting relationships with employees and connect with every level of the company, including our executives. This trust will help you in your quest to shape the company by providing the correct financial frameworks to benchmark success and by driving accountability throughout the organisation.
Together, leveraging our team’s unique birds-eye view we will collaborate to form our own considerations and advise on company-wide resource allocation. The end goal of our team is ensuring smart capital deployment through empowering the organisation to make more informed decisions.
Areas for Impact
This individual will become an expert in our Defence operations with the aim of exposing the objective context needed to ensure smart capital deployment.
You’ll be working on initiatives that cover the following organisations:
- Defence Leadership
- Business Capture
- Engineering & Technical Product
- People Operations (People & Talent)
- Facilities Management
- Finance, Strategy & Operations
- Deeply understanding the cost and revenue drivers of partnered business units
- Communicating key information in a digestible way to others in the Finance & Strategy team as well with non-finance stakeholders, with clarity and appropriate to specific audiences
- Ensuring that our financial forecasts are reflective, accurate and up-to-date with the most recent thinking
- Delivering timely and comprehensive annual budgets
- Driving efficiency and accountability within partnered teams
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following:
- Strong excel skills and experience analysing and manipulating financial models to assess business performance
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation).
- Able to present data and plans in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to tailor content to be appropriate for different audiences
- Solid grasp of financial and accounting concepts, including basic framework of the P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow
- Comfortable dealing with and working through issues and operational challenges within the business
- An ability to work collaboratively and drive change by influencing others
- Detail oriented with good analytical skills
- High level of ethics, integrity, discretion and confidentiality.
- You will regularly be exposed to sensitive information and will be expected to handle this with discretion
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply.
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.