This job might no longer be available.
Finance Associate (Contract) - Creative & IP Development
Los Angeles, California, United States
10 days ago
The Creative and IP Development group at Riot Games creates and publishes creative content such as film, comics, and music using the League of Legends IP.
The Strategic Finance team at Riot is dedicated to helping our partners make the best decisions for Players. Our team contains experts from a variety of Finance backgrounds, with a shared dedication to providing Riot leaders with an understanding of the financial impact of meaningful decisions. If we’re not crunching numbers, you'll find us playing games, or upgrading our knowledge. There’s always something to improve, and we’re always challenging ourselves.
As a Finance Associate, you will be the financial adviser to the team responsible for Riot Games’ creative IP development on a 6 month temporary assignment.. You will report to the Finance Principal of Riot's Creative and IP Development team and advise them on better decision-making from a strategic and financial lens. You will guide them through ambiguous strategic issues where your experience in finance makes you an important finance partner for Riot’s Creative and IP divisions.
- Build/maintain dashboards and management reports that help partners interpret financial performance and measurements
- Help update budgets and forecasts of future company performance
- Prepare variance analysis of actuals vs budgets and partner with other finance leads and project managers
- Help perform quantitative analysis of operational and financial data
- Help prepare and evaluate new project investment business cases
- Develop financial models to assess operations and future performance
- Develop presentation decks outlining financial data with clear narrative
- Help perform ad hoc analysis for executives
- Support procurement and purchasing by identifying ways to improve and improve process
- Financial modeling experience and solid accounting foundation
- Financial and Operational Modeling
- Positive, collaborative attitude that inspires confidence and motivates partners to meet challenges head-on
- 3 years experience in FP&A, consulting or accounting roles
- Bachelor’s in Finance, Business Administration or Economics preferred
- CPA, CIMA or MBA, three years’ experience in the above.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise and a collaborative spirit that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.