This job might no longer be available.
3 days ago
We’re Hutch Games, a mobile games developer & publisher with studios in central London, Dundee and Canada. Our mission is to build the most diverse and engaged automotive gaming community on mobile. Our games have been played by over 300 million people, with new titles in development.
We believe in putting our people first. Here you can make games without sacrificing quality time with family and friends. We strive to ensure our people are happy and healthy.
Our teams are small and empowered, they have the independence to take on creative and technical challenges together, to work collaboratively, to make great games and have fun along the way.
We believe in; Looking after our people, small empowered teams, complete transparency, test, learn repeat, community at the core and the freedom to focus on what truly makes a difference to our players.
We’re driven by our players! Come and Join the mission!
Hutch is looking for a Finance Assistant to join the team in London. We’re looking to find someone who is methodical and would like to take a lot of ownership for their work. You’ll be working closely with our Finance team, which is a great opportunity to work within and learn more about the games industry but also develop and further your career in the financial space.
- Manage the accounts payable and accounts receivable processes, including posting purchase invoices, raising sales invoices, processing employee expenses and credit control.
- Prepare the payment runs for approval and payment.
- Prepare and assist with the VAT returns and reconciliations.
- Maintain the assets register.
- Assist the financial controller on month end and year end processes, in preparation for monthly and annual reporting, as well as any external reporting.
- Provide general accounting and finance support to the financial controller and Hutch Games team
- Deal with accounting/finance queries from customers, suppliers and other external parties (e.g. HMRC).
- Ad hoc finance projects, reporting and analysis.
- Improve and enforce strong financial processes and controls to ensure integrity and accuracy of all financial data.
- A degree in Accounting or relevant previous experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles.
- Proficient in MS Office, particularly Excel.
- Strong numerical skills, attention to detail and methodical approach.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to manage conflicting deadlines.
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills.
- Consistently maintain a professional and personable attitude due to the confidential nature of the work.
- Energetic and a passion for learning and developing your accounting and finance skills.
- A genuine desire to get hands-on and involved in the various aspects of the video games industry.
- Experience in using Xero and Netsuite is preferred but not essential.
Life at Hutch
Our HQ is in the heart of Shoreditch, central London with other offices in Dundee and Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia. We're an agile, creative team with people at the core of our values. We reward our employees with:
- Enhanced Maternity (18 weeks) and Paternity leave (6 weeks)
- Flexible working hours
- Remote working 2 days per week (Everyone is working remotely until it is safe to go back into the office)
- Excellent salaries
- Private health care
- Access to mental health initiatives such as private mental health coaching
- Weekly Yoga Sessions
- Support to learn, develop and progress within Hutch
- Personal Project Development Days
- Free snacks and drinks
- Lots of social events, game launch parties, Friday night drinks and much more
We value diversity and as an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all suitable applicants. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
**Recruitment Agencies - Please note, we're not looking for any assistance with this role**
Come and find out more about Hutch. We make racing games, but it’s not the only thing that drives us - https://www.hutch.io/