This job might no longer be available.
Finance Analyst (6 Month FTC)
21 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The role is responsible for managing all COGS related line items across the business for budgets, forecasts, and monthly flashes for the Digital Store. Reporting to the Global R&A Manager but collaborates closely with Global Stakeholders on cost assumptions and data gathering. Review assumptions and key drivers to facilitate plan preparation and coordinate cost planning with regional accounting teams.
What you'll be doing:
- Work closely with business leaders to ensure alignment on all cost assumptions
- Review and sense check all Global Cogs planning inputs into GPT (Anaplan)
- Coordinate with regional accounting teams on actual vs plan analysis including commentary to the Global P&L, R&A, and I&A Teams
- Review and submit COGS drivers into Global Planning Tool in coordination with Corporate Planning and Business
- Analyse performance against plan, identify risks & opportunities to close gaps, and prepare commentary for discussion with leadership team. Review assumptions and key drivers to facilitate plan preparation, and coordinate across FP&A hub and Commercial Finance teams
- Submit all planning requirements in accordance with planning calendar
What we're looking for:
- At least 6 years relevant experience or 4 years PQE in an FP&A function and of working with commercial teams or business
- Strong financial background with ability to evaluate financial impact of business decisions
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain effective working relationships
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (VBA level an advantage).
- Organised self-starter, with drive and ambition who thrives under pressure, and is capable of confidently working alongside the most senior stakeholders across the wider business.
- Intellectual bandwidth to manage multiple stakeholders across geographies and functional specialisms.
- An ability to manage multiple tasks and projects with a keen eye for detail – precision, accuracy, and adherence to deadlines
- Strong written & verbal communication skills, including the ability to present detailed analysis.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.