Fashion News & Features Editor
13 days ago
Every DREST team member has a defined work style which is determined based on the nature of their role and the team they are a part of. This is a hybrid role based in the UK, combining in-office with remote work.
What we are looking for
A dynamic Fashion News & Features Editor from a digital media/digital journalism background to work within our Fashion Editorial team. You will have a key role in shaping our daily in-app content, supporting the Head of Editorial ideating and executing our editorial content across all DREST channels and facets.
What you will do...
- Be a font of fashion, beauty, entertainment and popular culture knowledge and have a vice-like grip on what’s going viral at any given minute on social media. You’ll be able to whip up a trend report in your sleep and know all the best TikTok beauty hacks. You will distill all of this into the DREST editorial content offering, helping to guide our calendar, in-app themed events and daily new challenge feed, creating exciting, market-leading content.
- Come up with and deliver genius, new and innovative editorial partnerships and in-game events.
- Develop an acute understanding of how to make our content provides the best in-game player experience and be full of ideas on how to bring the real fashion world into game for our stylists to enjoy.
- Write and edit our daily news content alongside our developing editorial features.
- You will be adept at ideating and executing new content concepts from essential short reads to styling how-tos and must-watch video content, as well as working reactively to iterate and develop new feature franchises.
- Help conceive beauty item content concepts.
- You will be used to using CMS systems and ensuring spotless uploads every time.
- Be a critical gate keeper of the DREST tone of voice across all platforms.
- Work closely with the fashion team to ensure that our editorial content works in sync with our fashion uploads.
- Be the glue that keeps the editorial team together, liaising between our picture editors and deputy fashion features editor to ensure that DREST is packed with clever, beautiful, fun and playable challenges and engaging content.
- Work with the game design and data insight teams to ensure you have a deep understanding of challenge metrics and will always be thinking of clever ways to improve and enhance the player experience.
- You will have the opportunity to ideate and contribute to our developing new DREST platforms and will always be coming up with new ways of doing things and pitching your ideas confidently.
- Work with the Talent team on both in-game and out of game coverage and help to develop and innovate in this area.
- Work cross-functionally with product, marketing, brand partnerships and PR teams to support with content, launch new features and partnerships.
- You will act as an ambassador for DREST at fashion weeks, press days, industry events and with key partners and brands. You’ll maintain, develop and create external relationships with brands and PRs to make sure that we are at the heart of the fashion industry and bring in exciting stories and ideas for DREST stylists to experience.
What you will bring…
- Excitement, ideas and a thirst to learn new ways to create and execute thrilling fashion and beauty content experiences.
- A background in fashion editorial at a mid to senior level and enviable fashion industry contacts within digital media/digital journalism.
- Impeccable editing skills and an ability to turn around short, succinct, sparkling copy at speed.
- A forensic approach with meticulous attention to detail and an organizational master.
- A strong visual eye, understanding of fashion and beauty trends and encyclopedic knowledge of fashion and beauty brands.
- A keen interest in fashion industry innovation and fearless approach to breaking new ground.
- A collaborative and flexible approach.
- An acute understanding of how to ensure our content fulfills the DREST mission of inclusivity and diversity.
- An ability to understand what the DREST player wants and how to tailor-make our content for them.
- An original approach to fashion and beauty writing, with the ability to communicate styling advice in fresh, easy-to-understand ways.
Bonus points if you have..
- Social media and video content creation skills
- A high player ranking on DREST!
What you will get in return
- A competitive salary
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental, Optical and Hearing cover
- Cycle Scheme
- Life Assurance
- 25 days annual leave + Local Bank Holidays
- Birthday Leave
- DREST Currency
- Cross-team learning opportunities
- Hybrid/Remote working options
More About DREST
DREST is the world’s first interactive luxury lifestyle & styling game, combining state-of-the-art technology with a luxury fashion and beauty styling experience that has real-time content at its core.
We are an award-winning fast-growth digital platform led by industry experts from the tech, luxury fashion, gaming and e-commerce worlds.
Centered around gamification, entertainment and creativity, DREST combines state-of-the-art technology with in-game fashion discovery, styling and shopping, all inspired by a real-time content feed reflecting the daily global fashion and lifestyle zeitgeist.
Our mission is to open up the fun, fantasy and creativity of the exclusive world of fashion, lifestyle and luxury to all via social gaming. By doing this, we are creating new and meaningful communications for one of the most exciting and impactful industries in the world through the application of gaming and proprietary technology and seminal art and design.
The leader in the development of luxury, lifestyle & beauty games, DREST partners with the very best of luxury brands worldwide including Gucci, Prada, Valentino, Burberry, Cartier, Breitling, Fenty, Armani, NARS and Bang & Olufsen amongst 250 others. DREST’s e-commerce partner is
Farfetch, the world’s leading luxury fashion marketplace where everything one plays with is shoppable in real life. Named by Fast Company as one of ‘The Most Innovative Gaming Companies’ in the world (2021) DREST is forging ahead in this groundbreaking gaming genre.
Our employees are spread across the globe and we pride ourselves on our multiculturalism & diversity. We hire from the exciting worlds of gaming, tech, luxury fashion & lifestyle bringing a variety of perspectives closer together with the aim of creating inclusive, dynamic, equitable & original products tailored to our audiences around the world.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.