Fall 2020 Tech Design Intern
Orlando Florida United States
10 days ago
Fall 2020: Tech Design Intern
Must be available for a full-time paid internship between September and December 2020 in Orlando, FL - USA**
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs and cross-platform digital experiences. We create connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, PGA TOUR® golf, and EA SPORTS UFC. For more information about us, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit www.easports.com.
Role Overview: As a Tech Design Intern, you will maintain and balance the core and meta-game while creating, prototyping, and implementing gameplay features.
- Envision, design, prototype, implement, refine, and polish several game features
- Produce creative ideas that fit within the vision of the game
- Use visual scripting to prototype new ideas and outline finished product in a detailed design document
- Collaborate across teams of designers, engineers, and artists
- Implement, and tune complex data systems inside our game engine
- Design unique gameplay moments and non-interactive sequences using a proprietary tool set
- Oversee the setup, implementation, and polish phases of narrative cinematic scenes in the game
- Author python scripts to automate repetitive tasks within our game engine
- You are currently enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's program and are slated to graduate in Spring 2021 or beyond
- You have experience working in a game engine (Unity or Unreal)
- You are proficient in visual scripting (Unreal Blueprints)
- You are well-versed in modern game design trends and use data to inform decisions
- You are eager to creatively overcome challenges and communicate your vision
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.