Fall 2019: Software Engineer Intern (BS/MS Degree)
Redwood City California 94065 United States
7 days ago
*Must be available for a fulltime internship September - November
Requirements for Internship:
- We are currently recruiting candidates enrolled full-time in U.S. accredited universities with an internship/co-op program pursing a Bachelors’, Masters’, or PHD level degree. You must be currently enrolled and not eligible for graduation until after your internship ends. Recent college graduates or those who will graduate prior to the start of the internship program are not eligible for the program.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
The commerce and identity team is part of EADP (EA digital platform) which is tasked to develop one of the largest eCommerce and Identity platforms to power hundreds of cross-platform games played by hundreds of millions of players. The distributed online platform is responsible for providing foundation services to games including identity management, authentication, authorization, account security, subscription, billing, payment, virtual currency, provisioning, entitlement, risk and fraud at 24x7 with 99.99% reliability. Open-source cutting-edge technologies are widely used such as docker, MySQL, MemCached, Redis, Kafka, ActiveMQ, Spark and etc. This is a unique opportunity to work on online space for a great game company. Looking forward to joining us to be a full-stack engineer.
What a Software Engineer Intern, Commerce team does at EA
The successful candidate for this position will serve as a Software Engineer Intern on the Commerce Platform team and will be responsible for the design and implementation of our commerce/identity management system and platform development.
- Work with mentor and program managers to understand business requirements and translate those into technical designs.
- Participate in technical design and implementation of features.
- Design underlying database schema, interface, and plan for capacity.
- Implement high quality code with comprehensive unit testing.
- Evaluate and adopt technologies which improve the team efficiency and platform capabilities.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Familiar with one of programming languages such as Java, C# or C++
- Solid computer science background including Algorithm, Data Structure, Operation System, Database etc. You’re a true developer!
- Passionate to be a full-stack engineer and eager to learn and improve distributed online system
- Ability to quickly learn complex systems and new technologies
- Exceptional analytical and creative problem solving skills
…and, in general, the potential to sweep us off our feet!