3 days ago
That’s No Moon Entertainment is an independent AAA game development studio established in 2021 by veterans of some of the most recognizable and critically acclaimed creative teams in the world, including Naughty Dog, Infinity Ward, Santa Monica Studio, Bungie, PlayStation, and more. Based in Los Angeles and San Diego, That’s No Moon Entertainment is creating the next generation of narrative-driven, genre-defining experiences built upon a culture of creativity, collaboration, responsible production practices, and individual empowerment. We are assembling a diverse team of passionate developers of a wide range of experience levels and backgrounds to help shape the future of our studio and projects.
We are seeking a Facial Modeler/Blendshape Artist with a passion for bringing very realistic characters to life to tell stories at the highest level. Working in a collaborative team with art, rigging and animation to demonstrate the best capture and implementation tools. You will build and final all aspects of the face for games and cinematic AAA content. With your help we will push the industry to new heights of realism, gameplay and storytelling!
- Build all final cinematic and in-game facial assets to assure the highest quality and consistency
- Model and polish a sophisticated set of blendshapes to define the characters facial range of motion and emotive scope
- Develop and refine PBR material assets for the head including but not limited to albedo and roughness to wrinkle and capillary dilation maps
- Maintain and align the topology for all facial assets
- Work with all facets of art and tech art to optimize the facial pipeline from acquisition to final in-game lighting and rendering
Requirements & Skills:
- Proven experience in facial rig/puppet design for AAA video games or film
- Understanding of, and ability to analyze realistic facial expressions and FACS
- Strong understanding of how to develop, implement and isolating micro expression
- Intermediate or above experience in ZBrush or Mudbox
- Excellent eye for anatomy and emotion
- Strong Maya skills
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- (Bonus) Experience with photo-realistic assets in a PBR game-engine
- (Bonus) Experience or interest in capturing or using scan expression libraries
- (Bonus) Fine art or animation background or education
- (Bonus) Experience rigging/weighting characters for games or film
- Self-motivated and able to work well in a multi-discipline team environment
- Great teammate invested in the success and development of the team passionate about cutting edged facial depiction and animation.
- Able to communicate effectively, receive feedback and direction
- Able to adapt to a production environment with evolving creative direction and art direction
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
That's No Moon is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, legally protected physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.