Facial Animator (Temporary)- FIFA
Vancouver British Columbia Canada
6 days ago
The Role: Cinematic Animator
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. At the heart of EA SPORTS is the FIFA franchise. EA SPORTS FIFA is the world’s #1 best-selling video game with over 200M engaged players across multiple platforms, including console, PC, and mobile.
Innovation, passion, and team-work is at the heart of everything we do. With studios in Vancouver, Bucharest, and Cologne; we are looking for the brightest talent so we can continue to create experiences that connect with millions of hearts and minds the world over.
As a Cinematic Animator on FIFA, you will need to key-frame characters to a very high standard.
You will work with the Cinematics Team to help bring quality animated performances to the game.
- Work with the Cinematics Director to understand the vision for the cinematics
- Create keyframed character performances together with all the props necessary to accomplish the cinematics
- Work with the gameplay animation team to ensure consistency and share assets where necessary
- Work with artists, technical artists/animators - providing feedback on rigs and tools
- Provide feedback to other animators on the team – where necessary
- Help ensure that the flow between game-play and cinematics appears as seamless as possible
- Work with Technical Artist’s/Animator’s and Engineers to manage and solve any technical problems that arise with both 1st and 3rd party tools and software
- Identify issues and come up with solutions
- Help establish efficient pipelines and procedures
- At least 4 years of experience keyframing characters for either film, television or games
- Can keyframe characters at an advanced level and create believable body and facial performances
- Experience creating the passes needed to take animations from initial previz and blocking, all the way through to realized, believable sequences
- Experience working with advanced facial animation rigs
- A solid understanding of cinematography and experience animating cameras
- A high level of proficiency working with Maya
- Experience working with, and providing feedback to both artists and technical artists/animators
- Motivated to learn how to use new or proprietary software
- Be open to different workflow methods
- Be positive and approachable
Beneficial Skills and Experience
- Can identify issues and help manage and resolve them efficiently
- Experience working with Jira (or similar)
- A keen gamer!
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/burnaby-eav