This job might no longer be available.
18 days ago
We are now looking for an FX Trainer (m/f/d) to join Technicolor, who will develop and support all junior artists and new recruits to enhance their skills. They will work closely with the HOD to develop training outcomes and will plan, build, and execute training programs such as new starter training, upskilling, cross-training, show-specific training, and masterclasses.
The key to this role is to be an excellent learner and to be able to take complex information and make it simple and easy to understand, using a variety of educational techniques. Candidates should have a love of teaching and learning and great enthusiasm for visual effects.
The FX Trainer will receive on-the-job training on how to be a trainer and will gain a high level of expertise in pipeline tools and department workflows that will progress their career forward as an artist.
The following tasks provide a general overview of the types of activity the role holder will be expected to engage in on a day-to-day basis. The tasks are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities as the nature of our business requires all employees to be flexible, self-motivated and think creatively when presented with challenges.
- Present lectures on technical topics in an open, upbeat, engaging manner.
- Guide and coach juniors/new recruits/ students in creating quality work.
- Challenge and encourage students to do better.
- Learn the Technicolor Games tools, procedures and implementations quickly and stay updated.
- Communicate effectively and proactively with partner departments, including compositing and recruiting.
- Create and improve on documentation and written tutorials.
- Work with partners in production departments to coach and support them in the creation of educational materials – such as tutorials, documentation, and project files.
- Create and structure the curriculum to effectively meet the needs of juniors/new recruits/ students and production and adjust it with changing parameters on the fly.
- Run dailies and provide feedback and reviews.
- Assess whether the juniors/new recruits/ students are meeting targets, work with them to improve, and provide feedback about their success to the head of department (HOD).
- Review the success of students after each round with all partners, enhance successes and address failures.
- Strong technical knowledge and artistic abilities working with sprite type particles and materials within a game engine.
- Proven industry experience in creating VFX for AAA games.
- Strong sense of form, colour, and composition.
- Experience with creating consistently brilliant, eye-catching real-time FX using Photoshop, 3dsMax, Maya, Houdini and in-game FX systems.
- Extensive experience with VFX editors and real-time particle systems
- Knowledge of game editors (e.g., Unreal, Unity etc.)
- Knowledge of composition software (e.g., After Effects, Nuke, Fusion etc.)
- Experience working on published AAA games is a strong advantage.
- Excellent educator, who loves teaching and gains satisfaction by helping others succeed.
- Has experience teaching in the classroom.
- Has experience creating documentation, and both written and video tutorials.
- Able to work independently within an organization to get information proactively.
The details above provide an outline of the skills and experience we are looking out for. Within our artist team structure, we have a range of positions. These are:
During our recruitment process we will be assessing where your skills and experience best fit.
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants.
If you require assistance applying, please reach out to email@example.com and we'll be happy to assist.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies and prohibits against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state/provincial or local law.
Technicolor Games is a unique gaming partner powered by innovation, and the global creative scale of Technicolor Creative Studios.
Servicing the Gaming industry for over a decade, Technicolor Games uses advanced technology to develop concept art, previsualization and art direction, motion capture, key frame animation, CGI assets and immersive experiences for AAA game releases.
Our team of global artists delivers highly complex animation solutions for games, working with the full scope of game engine pipelines. We have delivered over 2000 minutes of animation, 20,000 gaming assets, and 75 game releases to date.
As we strive to push the gaming market forward, we work closely with our Technicolor Creative Studios partners network not only to develop content within Games, but realize gaming brands’ full IP journey, from development of Marketing assets to feature length films.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.