High Voltage is searching for a highly skilled FX Artist to join our team. A successful candidate should have a strong sense of dramatic effects and an understanding of how to recreate them in a real time particle editor. They will be primarily a team player, while also having the ability to be self-motivated and work autonomously.
If you have a strong sense of weight, timing, motion, and you demonstrate technical aptitude with Materials and Logic, we are ready for you to bring those abilities to execute outstanding FX in our games.
- Execute outstanding effects for our games by bringing dramatic effects to life.
- Ability to create all art needed for the visual effects, include FX concept, proto and final FX.
- Execute on a range of visual effects styles from realistic to stylized.
- Asset export and implementation into Unreal Engine.
- Test and verify your work on target hardware.
- Links to portfolio (required)
- Resume (required)
- Must have a strong reel/portfolio showing executed game FX work
- You have a critical eye for the timing, animation, and motion of real world objects and visual FX with an ability to bring dramatic FX to life with flair
- Ability to create all art needed for the FX
- Familiarity with the Unreal 4 Engine art pipeline
- Experience working with multiple platforms memory limitations
- Scripting experience Blueprint or other
- Ability to work well within a team
- Shipped game title experience.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Must be able to take critique and art direction.
- Passion for video games.
- Must be currently eligible to work in the USA and onsite in New Orleans, LA or Hoffman Estates, IL
- Abilities in a secondary areas such as modeling, skinning, animation, or lighting
- Experience using Niagara
Three (3) years of experience creating animation in the video games industry
To qualify, you must submit a resume, have shipped game titles or equivalent production development, and submit a portfolio demonstrating your abilities.
If you’d like to be part of building a visually stunning game and this sounds like a challenge for which you’ve been looking, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your resume with a portfolio and we'll be in touch soon.
Only online artwork submissions are accepted.
Must be willing to complete an art test if requested to do so.
All positions are located in either our offices in Hoffman Estates, IL or New Orleans, LA.
How can High Voltage supercharge your future?
High Voltage Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by Federal, State or local law.