FX 3D Programmer (M/F)
Montpellier Occitanie fr
5 days ago
Description du poste
As a FX 3D Programmer you will work with FX team to support the FX vision of the project and provide insight and guidance across the 3D spectrum to connect with our players on two of the most critical aspects of a AAA game: its visuals and its performance. Whether your expertise lies with visuals or low-level systems, you’re a go-to person for information and a reference throughout our studios
Your main responsibilities are to :
- Iteratively develop new 3D technology in collaboration with FX Technical Artists and other programmers
- Work closely with FX team in shader development to support FX vision.
- Write code customized to the hardware you’re working with.
- Perform memory and performance optimizations of the 3D technology to meet the requirements for target platforms of the game
- Improve existing graphical features and inspire the development of new ones.
- Stay up to date on the latest tech trends and techniques + recommend our best practices.
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- Proficiency in C++
- Analytical and mathematical skills
- Thorough understanding of current GPU architectures (AMD, NVIDIA)
- Experience with HLSL/GLSL or other equivalent shader languages
- A thorough grasp of memory management & multithreaded programming techniques
- A long-term approach to problem-solving (if the solution isn’t sustainable, it simply won’t do)
- A collaborative and innovative spirit
- Willingness to continue learning – new technologies, engines, rendering techniques, programming languages, you name it
- Passion for playing and developing exceptional games
- Passion for particle syste
Working knowledge of modern graphic APIs (e.g. DirectX 12 and Vulkan) + understanding of game engines and their limitations
Any relevant code/work samples you can provide are highly appreciated
Description de l'entreprise
Ubisoft teams are driven by their desire to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable entertainment experiences. They give life to worlds and real playgrounds where the imagination can express itself freely, leading to moments of surprise, fun and adventure that also allow players to learn and discover themselves.
At Ubisoft, you have the opportunity to collaborate and grow with passionate and pioneering teams from all over the world. You will be a part of an exciting and inspiring environment in which you will push the limits of imagination and technology to create worlds that fascinate our players.
Ubisoft Montpellier is looking for its production studio a new FX 3D Programmer M/F to join and participate to the development of a AAA project.