FQA Service Line Director
14 days ago
With studios around the world, Keywords Studios is a leading technical services provider for global video games and beyond. With locations in Asia, the Americas and Europe, Keywords Studios has a breadth and depth in multiple industry-leading service lines including Art, Engineering, Audio, Functionality QA, Localization, Localization QA and Player Support. Working across all major platforms and in over 50 different languages, Keywords Studios provides support and expertise for its clients across the globe.
Keywords FQA is one of Keywords Studios brands offering Game Testing services. The Keywords FQA team now employs more than 2,500 people.The Service Line Director is responsible for directing the global teams associated with delivering the services for his/her business line, for setting and delivering its strategic plan, and for maximising its growth within the profitability targets set by the Group.
- In accordance with the Group’s strategic plans, the SLD will develop the strategy and objectives for the service line covering organic and inorganic growth strategies. The SLD will agree these with the Board of KW and be able to communicate this to the wider KW group.
- The SLD has global responsibility for the financial performance of the service line, its growth and profitability. As part of this the SLD will be responsible for agreeing and monitoring KPIs at all points in the delivery process to ensure the business is constantly improving and performing in the optimal manner.
- Responsible for setting and adherences to standards and processes, the SLD will ensure that common project management and execution tools are used throughout the group to ensure common processes and measurement of objectives, assessment of project and site, regional and global profitability.
- The SLD will work closely with the Sales director and sales team, to explain and promote the capabilities of the delivery team, set customer expectations and communicate the USPs of the service(s) under his/her management.
- Working with the Sales Director, the Commercial Manager and the Marketing and PR Manager, the SLD will initiate sales campaigns for the service line that galvanise the sales team and focus their attention on those services at pre agreed periods in the year.
- Acting as the Ambassador for the service line, the SLD will spend a considerable amount of time on externally directed activities as the face of Keywords’ for these services. These will include client meetings, attendance at game shows, presenting on behalf of the group at various event and participation and leadership in industry bodies.
- The SLD will ensure that all times the business line has in place the right resources in the right locations such that the profitability of the business line is maximised while balancing the need to accommodate growth.
- Part of the Group Leadership team, the SLD is likely to be an entrepreneurial but organised individual with expert knowledge of the service line being managed gained form years of experience of working within the field. A recognised expert, the SLD will be respected internationally for his/her achievements and expertise in the field.
- As the Ambassador for the activity within and outside of the KW group, the SLD will be a driven individual, determined to grow the service line and to achieve its position as the undisputed leader in field
- Responsible for budgeting for the service line globally and delivering the financial performance of the activity, the SLD will ensure the budget and financial performance is compatible with the requirements and plans of the service line.
- Minimum 8 years of experience of managing the delivery of services of the type to be managed. Excellent knowledge and contacts within the games industry.
- Team worker able to balance the needs for maximum productivity with keeping the team motivated and growing.
- Proven ability to work both autonomously and as part of a multi-cultural, multi-disciplined team.
- Superior leadership skills – demonstrating determined change management leadership while also reassuring the wider team during the change process. Natural leadership in this role with come from being seen to lead from the front, from being the recognized expert in the field and from managing the teams firmly and fairly.
- Passion for the interactive entertainment space and close familiarity with all segments of the games industry.
- A driven, hardworking, strategic and creative thinker who will act on market requirements
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
This role is part of the leadership team of KW Group. As such the SLD will, in addition to locally appropriate salary and benefits package, enjoy a discretionary, annual performance related bonus scheme of up to 30% of salary and will also be expected to benefit from grant of LTIP options awarded from time to time by the Remuneration Committee of the Board of Directors.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.