FP&A Senior Associate, Revenue
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States, Los Angeles, California, United States, Portland, Oregon, United States, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
8 days ago
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $68 billion in 2019 to $150 billion in 2025.
Skillz is pioneering the competitive mobile gaming experience, leveraging its patented technology to power over two billion esports tournaments a year. The company is headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports leagues and franchises.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50, one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
What We’re Looking For:
We are seeking a data-driven and people-oriented Senior FP&A Associate, who will serve as a business partner for the Revenue organization. As Revenue’s FP&A Core Titles lead, you will be in charge of all financial and operational aspects of this group, including but not limited to revenue forecasting/allocation, KPI reporting, and budget/spend management. The ideal candidate for this role has been a FP&A business partner for Revenue organizations before and is comfortable analyzing data and making recommendations to improve the business.
What You Will Do :
- Embed within the Revenue organization, acting as a liaison between the Finance and Revenue teams
- Partner with Revenue teams to ensure revenue growth and spend efficiency is in line through benchmarking analysis
- Support weekly performance forecasting and reporting of key business metrics
- Assist in creating quarterly goals and calculating financial impact for revenue groups
- Generate internal reports, analytics, and multiple views of financials for internal review
- Perform financial scenario analysis to support senior management’s strategic decision making
- Play an active role in revenue work streams, advising on financially impacting decisions, monitoring costs, and keeping the FP&A organization in the loop on important developments
- Help design and maintain standard formats for data capturing in support of forecast and budget activities
- Evaluate business problems and build quantitative models to support business decisions
- Bachelor's degree in a related field; preferably Mathematics, Finance, Accounting or similar fields
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in FP&A; preferably in Revenue
- Background in consulting or investment banking desired, but not required
- Intermediate SQL / Database experience
- Intermediate dashboard building experience
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly evolving environment
- Experience working in a fast-growing technology company preferred
- “Can do” attitude and team player
- Highly analytical
- Detail and action-oriented
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance .