FP&A Senior Associate, Product
25 days ago
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $68 billion in 2019 to $150 billion in 2025.
Skillz is pioneering the competitive mobile gaming experience, leveraging its patented technology to power over two billion esports tournaments a year. The company is headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports leagues and franchises.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50, one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
What We’re Looking For:
We are currently looking for an experienced and integrated business partner to support the Product Organization. Being an integrated part of the FP&A team to help drive short and long-term financial analytics and company product initiatives. This is a high-visibility position that involves supporting the leadership team. The ideal candidate will be partnering with different areas of the organization drive insight into relative resource allocation via data and activity analysis to provide Product leaders with greater understanding and insight into their organization
What You Will Do :
- Embed within the Product organization, acting as a liaison between the Finance and Product teams
- Develop KPIs, metrics and dashboards to guide insight into operational efficiency for operational groups within Product
- Drive thought leadership on building and maintaining a rolling forecast of current and future spend to track towards strategic objectives & businesses
- Develop operational plans to drive alignment across the Product, R&D, and Infrastructure teams
- Develop financial models, track and analyze financial KPIs, uncover trends and assess business risks and opportunities to provide recommendations to senior leaders
- Drive the annual budgeting processes and monthly/quarterly forecasting activities in conjunction with Product & Engineering leadership and their teams; prepare and analyze plan variances based on actual performance
- Seek opportunities for operational improvement across the organization
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, mathematics, statistics or other relevant field that demonstrates quantitative orientation a plus.
- Extensive experience with leading, executing and communicating actionable quantitative and qualitative financial analysis to drive key business decisions
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in FP&A; preferably in Product/Engineering
- Display initiative in anticipating and meeting or exceeding the business demands of senior-level executives
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
- Prior experience working in a fast paced and rapidly-changing environment
- Skilled at building relationships and influencing at all levels of management and across functions
- Intermediate SQL / Database experience
- Intermediate dashboard building experience
- “Can do” attitude and team player
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance .