FP&A Manager - Data & Systems
6 days ago
Who we are
At Fortis Games we aspire to make great games that bring people together while redefining how game companies work. We believe in building a sense of belonging through our games, their communities, and how we operate and treat each other. Through our game communities, we will create powerful connections and lasting memories. We will foster a culture of diversity, equity and belonging where together our diverse skills, experiences and background impact the games we make.
We are an early but mighty organization with a leadership team of game industry veterans. There are many opportunities for you to have a big impact on the products we’ll be making as well as the overall direction of the company. If you’re passionate about tackling difficult problems with direct and thoughtful communication and team first mentality, we may be the right place for you.
About the role
Fortis is seeking a Manager, Finance Business Intelligence to help organize, report and analyze data & maintain the planning systems and processes. You will be responsible for data integrity, expense and revenue modeling, and advanced analytics to drive the business forward. The role will be focused on supporting Workday Adaptive planning, future financial systems, and integration with other systems throughout the company. This high visibility role is responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining custom reports and dashboards and enabling self service reporting for executives and business leaders.
You will work cross functionally across data teams and partner closely with People Operations, Central Services, Game Teams, and other key stakeholders. This is a critical role with high visibility to the SVP ,Finance; reports into the Head of FP&A and partners closely with leaders in Finance, HRIS, Compensation, and Data & Analytics, in addition to data junkies across the organization.
WHAT YOU’LL ACHIEVE
- Leverage Workday Adaptive Planning to automate and scale current processes and reporting
- Ensure Finance has appropriate support for annual budgeting, forecasting, etc
- Ingest, interpret, organize, analyze, and present information for consumption by senior management; consolidate and present qualitative, quantitative, and unstructured data.
- Partner with the People Team, Data & Analytics, Accounting & Finance team to ensure accurate and insightful reporting.
- Synthesize substantial amounts of data into executive-level presentation materials
- Implement improvements and document best practices to ensure data integrity and standardize business processes
- Ensure up-to-date documentation of system functions, processes, and capabilities
- Serve as a subject matter expert on current and upcoming Adaptive Planning capabilities and manage these upgrades
- Provide expertise in methods and procedures for optimizing data available to decision makers.
- Create an environment for easily obtainable information using Adaptive and other systems (Looker)
- Support stakeholders through self service data, training and demos solutions & remediating issues
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- 2-5+ years of experience as an Administrator of Workday Adaptive Planning.
- Fluency in data languages (SQL and API languages) and structures (XML, JSON).
- Experience implementing systems and setting up systems integrations
- Demonstrate experience cleaning, manipulating, and analyzing large data sets in client facing tools like Excel or Google sheets.
- Experience assembling and presenting managerial reporting and performing variance analysis.
- Basic understanding of basic accounting principles (IFRS & GAAP) and experience collecting and sorting accounting data.
- Consistently learning and adapting to unique situations
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally and partner/influence executives and stakeholders with different levels of data fluency.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Why join us
There are many reasons to join us, but here are a few:
- We strongly believe we are changing how games studios operate and at the core of what we do is making great games that create a connected community
- We're not just about making Games Where You Belong. We're also about building communities where our people belong. That's why Fortis is a thriving environment that celebrates diversity, embraces inclusivity, and fosters growth.
- Build and grow with a seasoned team of accomplished talent who have left an impactful mark in their disciplines, both in and out of gaming
Fortis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.