This job might no longer be available.
FIFA Marketing Trainee GSA
Cologne 50678 Germany
4 months ago
Start date: October 2019
Please apply with a cover letter and CV in English.
Please note closing date for applications is Sunday 29th September.
We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
The FIFA Marketing Trainee (Volontär Marketing FIFA) is part of the local marketing team and will be working on EA SPORTS franchises (80% FIFA and the remainder across NHL, Madden NFL, NBA Live and UFC). Focus will be on marketing-related tasks and projects. In addition, you will also work on social and community engagement through building loyalty, igniting social advocacy at scale, with local relevancy, with local players, communities and influencers.
Main objective will be supporting the overall growth of our FIFA franchise. You will receive comprehensive training on all aspects of up-to-date integrated product marketing and communications. After an introducing phase, the Marketing Trainee will get the chance to own responsible tasks within the local marketing team. The traineeship will last between 18 and 24 months.
What a FIFA Marketing Trainee ( Volontär Marketing FIFA) does at EA:
- Support the local and international marketing team in their daily work with focus on campaign execution on FIFA and our EA SPORTS franchises.
- Local support for EA´s Competitive Gaming Division (eSport).
- Managing relationships with external partners like clubs or partner companies.
- Localisation of marketing assets.
- Execution of earned and owned media strategy and outreach, owned and shared channel content distribution, monitoring, engaging and reporting.
- Execution and monitoring of local consumer, media & influencer activities and staffing media and influencer event schedules.
- Conducting or managing media, community and influencer outreach and relations via agencies and on his/her own.
- Being responsible for ensuring outward product conversation on respective products align with brand voice guidelines and social media policies.
- Monitoring and flagging crisis situations and trends.
- Liaises with the regional and international Marketing and Communications team to maximize communications exposure.
- Insights into Corporate Communications/ Public Affairs and Marketing.
- Support the whole EA marketing team in daily operations like daily inquiries, sample distribution, press requests, etc.
- Additionally, there will be several sections to learn individual marketing skills (writing press releases, knowledge of all communication means, corporate journalism, crisis communications, interview/media training, Insights into Marketing und PR etc).
The FIFA Marketing Trainee ( Volontär Marketing FIFA) needs:
- Must be a football fan with knowledge and understanding of the game, specifically German leagues.
- Degree (Bachelor or Master) in sports marketing, communication science or similar .
- Experience (through internship) in agencies or marketing / communication departments, ideally within sports marketing.
- Fluent level German and excellent English (both in written and oral communication).
- Great communication skills, ability to work in international environment.
- Positive, open-minded personality.
- Passion for sports (especially football), video gaming and entertainment.
- Good knowledge of the media and communication landscape, as well as interest and feeling for future trends.
- Advanced understanding of consumer behaviour on digital channels.
- Excellent organizational skills to balance a wide range of initiatives.
- Accurate and reliable handling of sensitive data.
- Solid knowledge of MS-Office package (Word, Excel & PowerPoint).
- Basic knowledge of image processing (for example, Adobe Photoshop).
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
- Autonomous and creative work in an intercultural environment.
- Great team spirit and professionalism in one of the most successful video games companies.
- Appropriate compensation.
- 28 days annual leave.
- Training and career development.
- Flexible working hours related to your individual work-life balance.
- Professional preventive health care program.
- Further benefits include employee discounts, free public transportation tickets, games library, beverages and regular team events.
We thought you might also want to know more about our location:
Take your career to the next level – apply today!