Vancouver, British Columbia
3 months ago
Have you ever experienced the thrill of a last minute goal that carries your team to victory in front of millions of people? Working here is kinda like that!
The Software Engineer (FIFA Game Modes Engineer) is a critical part of the game creation process. They collaborate with game designers, UI artists, and game engineers to implement robust foundations for game features and modes. You’ll be involved in the whole creation process from architecture design, implementation, debugging, and tuning on multiple platforms, working on complex problems in the Game Modes domain.
- Work with existing codebase & libraries to achieve project goals, improving those technologies along.
- Design, maintain, implement, test and debug code.
- Create tools, features and engine components to required coding standards.
- Profiling and optimizing software components of a game.
- Create leading edge reusable technologies, both systems and engines if required.
- Measurably improves process and best practices to achieve targets.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of software engineering experience in the video gaming industry
- Proficiency with C++
- Experience with actionscript
- Experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices.
- Strong understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization.
- Great communication skills that supports an open working environment in terms of feedback
- Strong teamwork skills, but also the ability to take ownership and work independently
- Detail oriented, organized, and able to meet project deadlines
- Passion for making games that look and play great.
- English is the required language of work
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience in a Client/Server environment
- Experience working developing art & content pipelines / workflows
- Experience with C# or WPF
- Experience with source control solutions (Perforce, Git)
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, pension with company match and, of course, free video games. We offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality.
Health, Dental, Financial offered (ESPP and RRSP matching); Relocation assistance also offered.
Eligible for salary increases, bonuses, and restricted stock units at company’s discretion
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/burnaby-eav
Contact me: Stephanie Walker, email@example.com 604 456 4178
Address: Electronic Arts (Canada), Inc., 4330 Sanderson Way, Burnaby, BC V5G 4X1
Salary offered: $98,000 to $115,000
Full time, permanent position