This job might no longer be available.
FIFA - Build and Release Software Engineer
Bucharest Bucharest Romania
8 months ago
Build and Release Engineer
EA Romania is home to employees who demonstrate an amazing talent for bringing outstanding games to the global marketplace. We consist of Engineers, Designers, Producers, and Analysts who work on the FIFA, Need for Speed franchises or Frostbite engine. Our Quality Assurance and Quality Engineering teams are proud to support our development teams through the delivery of excellent testing services, which ensure we deliver stable, high-quality entertainment and outstanding player experiences.
EA has a team of developers working on live online services which deliver features to the games 24/7. These application services are written in Java and use MySQL databases. We are looking for a developer passionate about making the development process easier through automation and the configuration management. The works consists of improving the automation the developers use by updating existing software and systems. The works also is fortunate to be able to develop new technologies or using open source technologies to make things better for the development teams. Additional responsibilities will be the software configuration management of the code lines ensuring the code lines are safe and maintained.
If you are a software developer who is passionate about software development and have a desired to make the work flow of the development process better by improving our practices, EA will be happy to work with you to gain those skills.
Necessary Skills (Must Have)
- Knowledge of Java, C++, C#
- 1+ years of experience with at least one scripting language (Groovy, Python, Ant)
- Conceptual knowledge of automated build systems such as Maven, Jenkins, Build Forge or equivalent
- Knowledge with Change Management, Version Control, Dependency Management systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both individually and collaboratively in a team environment
- Experience with software development processes and best practices
- Ability to break down complicated problems into manageable components and work well in time-critical situations
- Fast learner, willing to be trained and gain new skills
- Develop, optimize and maintain our build automation systems and scripts
- Manage our SCM system, providing support and advising other team members
- Incorporate and implement new technologies and methodologies into our pipeline
- Provide configuration management expertise to the Product Development team
- Documentation and training
Nice to Have Skills
- Experience with Perforce
- Experience with Maven
- Experience with Jenkins or Hudson
- Experience with ANT/NAnt
- Programming Experience
What's in for you? Funny that you asked..
- A team of experts that are willing to share good practices tips and tricks.
- Cool location in a non-crowded area of Bucharest, very close to the subway (AFI Park).
- Flexible hours (we get it…it’s not always easy to get up before the rooster)
- Fresh fruits and a very good coffee (for some extra energy)
- Development programs (do you want to grow? We stand by you)
- Additional free days for Christmas - NYE period (Except the bank holidays - some extra vacation time)
Our creative work ethos rewards new and different ideas. It is an environment that attracts brilliant talent from around the globe. No matter which of our studio locations you join, you'll feel the energy and support of EA's global brand, while thriving on our excellent campuses. At EA, the excitement you feel throughout each workday is made possible by a culture that inspires you to do the best work of your career.