10 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Now, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Collaborate with the best independent game developers in Europe and globally, to seek out, evaluate, produce and release exclusive PlayStation games to the highest possible quality and success, on time and on budget.
Manage the development and approval process of those products from initial concept through to final commercial mastering. Ensure external development partners trust and satisfaction while developing an inclusive and collaborative team culture and a growth mindset.
Producers will take responsibility for and create all kinds of titles exclusive to the platform, working with the full support of the global XDEV team and PlayStation Studios support services.
What you’ll be doing:
- Helps define the development path & schedule for the game.
- Agrees tools and production methodologies with the XDEV leadership team, as required.
- Sets and confirms deliverable milestones with the developer.
- Conducts milestone reviews and agrees milestone sign off with XDEV team
- Advises XDEV leadership of the schedule, delivery dates, milestones, budgetary and resource requirements/changes.
- Takes responsibility for ensuring that a common focus and direction exist within the team and are communicated within the external development studio. This must drive the quality and the overall impact potential of the title within SIE.
- Identifies/resolves conflicts/issues between programming, art, music, gameplay, as well as between development studio and development partners (both internal and external) to ensure that the game remains within technical, schedule, cost and quality parameters.
- Ensures the project details and central USPs are established and effectively communicated to marketing throughout development.
- Collaborates with Product Manager to ensure game matches expectations and achieves maximum potential exposure.
- Directs/initiates production methodologies to be used in delivering the game, as needed.
- Agrees design document with XDEV team and delivers it within time, quality and cost parameters.
- Ensures title meets with up to date QA guidelines, that QA understand all relevant project related issues, and that QA process is executed as effectively and as efficiently as possible.
- Manages budgeting of QA and other support services.
- Ensures that major project milestones are reported as correctly as possible on development related reports and that any milestone movements or budget changes are reported to Executive Producer, or other members of the XDEV leadership team, as required, as soon as possible.
- Drive clarity and visibility with the external developers and internally by developing and maintaining a solid relationship and frequent communications with external developers.
- Can execute effective presentation of title, feature and product direction to development, marketing and other audiences as needed.
- Can represent the title to potential customers, high-level executives, and everyone in between.
- Seek out new projects for the XDEV group, when time permits.
What we are looking for:
- Must have Produced or worked on several major titles, internally or externally
- Knowledge of, and comfort with, game development process
- Negotiation Skills
- Team Management
- Excellent time keeping
- Chairmanship of development meetings
- High presentation skills
- Experience outside of console development is a plus
- High quality projects delivered on time, within budget and to PlayStation first party quality expectations.
- Excellent commercial relationships maintained with external developers at all times.
- High morale within internal and external teams.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.