Expert Systems Designer - Sledgehammer Games
8 days ago
Job Title:Expert Systems Designer - Sledgehammer Games
Located in the San Francisco Bay Area, Melbourne, Australia, Toronto, Canada and Guildford, UK – Sledgehammer Games is the videogame development team behind Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare 3, Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare, Call of Duty®: WWII, and Call of Duty®: Vanguard. Since our founding in 2009, our greatest passion has been making AAA games. The strength of our team makes us not only excellent at what we do, but also how we do it. We firmly believe in supporting our passionate employees to be the best they can be. Here at Sledgehammer Games, everyone is a game maker.
We are constantly evolving and innovating – which are some of the most rewarding aspects of game development. With our outstanding audio, design, engineering, and art teams, we’ve been able to achieve some of the highest-quality game execution of any studio in the industry. We love making games and we work hard to make sure that each new game we make is even better than the last. Creativity is key, and we’re looking for dedicated game developers for our exciting upcoming projects.
Sledgehammer Games is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.sledgehammergames.com or search for Sledgehammer Games on your favorite social media platform. Want to hear what it’s like at the studio directly from current employees? Check out our #LifeatSHG developer profiles: https://youtu.be/12DUBszg-w4
As an Expert Systems Designer, you will build groundbreaking system designs for our Single Player/Campaign team. We're looking for top talent with proven experience in systems design on AAA titles.
We have an industry leading development team and a studio culture built to promote and support outstanding game developers.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Design and own a range of design topics including but not limited to AI behaviors, weapon tuning, vehicle setup/tuning, and global player mechanics for the campaign experience.
- Collaborate with animators, level designers, and engineers to implement game mechanics.
- Build and maintain documentation of core campaign features.
- Research the game's subject matter.
- Interface often with the Level Design team to ensure features shine within levels and systems are well understood.
- Define metrics and champion standard methodologies for the Systems Design team.
- Review level content regularly to ensure systems reach their highest potential.
- Prioritize effectively and meet landmarks; communicate progress with the design team lead well and frequently.
- Constantly iterate on game mechanics and game systems to find the fun based on user feedback, analytics, and design goals.
- 10+ years professional design experience.
- Solid programming/scripting experience – C++, C#, Lua or other languages
- Strong creative and technical design skills.
- Self-motivated with a great attention to detail
- Works well in a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Passion for making games.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.