Expert Security Engineer
9 days ago
Activision Blizzard, publisher of the hit franchises Call of Duty, Diablo, Candy Crush, and World of Warcraft, is looking for a passionate application security engineer to join our Activision Blizzard King (ABK) Security Engineering team. If you are an avid gamer with a security and development background, come be a part of our team. The Senior Application Security Engineer will be key in helping our talented and creative developers secure our application ecosystems across the enterprise. This role reports into the Senior Director of ABK’s Trust Center and maintains strong relationships with all line- of- business technology groups. You will work closely with several key individuals and teams and will be part of a talented team of security engineers who demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security across our enterprise.
Priorities can often change in a fast- paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities
- Work with operations engineering to design and implement secure build pipelines
- Devise resolutions and mitigations for identified security issues
- Engineer, implement, and configure application security tooling in a build pipeline
- Develop technical solutions, new security tools/scripts to automate repeatable tasks
- Work with development teams to connect their operating environments to security tools
- Integrate security testing tools to existing software lifecycle
- Extensive experience in software development, operations, security, or a combination
- Strong ability to work independently
- Strong background in build pipeline automation and scripting
- Experience securing build technologies, code repositories, and CI/CD pipeline processes
- Experience operating or securing cloud platforms like Google Cloud, AWS, Azure
- DevOps experience building secure pipelines (DevSecOps)
- Experience leading technical automation projects
- Ability to problem solve independently and collaborate as a team to solve complex problems
- Knowledge of application security best practices and techniques
- Deep security knowledge in one or more areas
- Experience in game development or operations
- Working knowledge of security testing tools (e.g., DAST, SAST, SCA, and/or IAST)
- Experience securing databases such as Postgres, MySQL, RDS, etc.
- Knowledge of containerization software: Docker, Kubernetes
- Proven work experience as an application security engineer or information security engineer
- Proven experience in finding vulnerabilities and weaknesses in code and systems
- Experience presenting at security conferences
- Publicly credited for identifying a vulnerability
ABK is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well- being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast- paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
ABK is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
ABK is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences… ever. Join us!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com