Expert Gameplay Engineer
17 days ago
Job Title:Expert Gameplay Engineer
We’re the videogame development team behind Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare 3, Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare and Call of Duty®: WWII. Since our founding in 2009, our greatest passion has been making AAA games.
As we head into decade II of development, we’re passionate about constantly evolving, innovating and doing things differently – which are some of the most exciting aspects of game development. With outstanding audio, design, engineering and art teams, we’ve been able to achieve some of the highest-quality game execution of any studio in the industry. We love what we do and work hard to make sure that each new game we make is even better than the last.
Sledgehammer Games is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.sledgehammergames.com or search for Sledgehammer Games on your favorite social media platform. Want to hear what it’s like at the studio directly from current employees? Check out our #LifeatSHG developer profiles: https://youtu.be/12DUBszg-w4. We'd like to speak with you!
We're looking for an experienced Gameplay Engineer. This is a great opportunity to work with a passionate engineering team and help shape cutting-edge industry technology.
- Develop, design, modify, optimize and debug physics pipeline and engine systems
- Deploy, evaluate performance and test software on Xbox One/PS4/Windows platforms
- Communicate features and collaborate with engineering, design and art teams
- Participate in the design, performance and code review process
- Contribute to design and roadmap of industry-leading AAA engine
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics or Math-related field
- 6+ years of experience working with physics simulation and/or other game-related technologies
- Passion for physics simulation
- Strong math skills
- Knowledge of CPU and memory architectures
- Familiarity using modern CPU performance analysis tools
- Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented programming
- Strong background in C/C++
- Solid debugging skills including ability to debug at an assembly-level when necessary
- Good communicator that enjoys collaboration with other programmers, artists and designers
- Passion for code and data optimization
- Creative, motivated, focused, passionate, focused on results
- Experience with game physics APIs (Havok, PhysX, etc.)
- Background with parallel programming and multi-threaded code
- Experience with rigid-body dynamics, collision detection, contact/collision resolution
- Experience with rag-doll technologies
- Demonstrated ability to write efficient, clean, readable, portable, and reliable code
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Sledgehammer Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.