Expert Core Physics Engineer - Raven Software
14 days ago
Job Title:Expert Core Physics Engineer - Raven Software
As a Expert Core Engineer, you will be optimizing, enhancing, and developing new physics simulation systems on top of the foundation of Call of Duty’s AAA engine technology. This is a great opportunity to be part of a passionate team that defines and shapes the technology of our upcoming Call of Duty titles.
You will be developing the engine physics systems for our shipping products as well as improving the workflows of our development team. You will need to be proficient in writing efficient and clean C/C++ code. Qualified candidates will need to have a background in engine development and physics simulation systems.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Design, modify, optimize, and debug physics simulation systems and middleware
- Deploy, evaluate performance, and test software on all supported platforms
- Communicate features and development with production, engineering, design, and art teams
- Participate in the performance and code review process
- Contribute to the design and roadmap of industry-leading AAA engine technology
- Collaboration and co-development with other engineering teams
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
- Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science, Engineering, or Math related field
- Background in using, profiling, and optimizing core engine systems
- Development experience with physics systems
- Strong background in 3D math
- Background with parallel programming and multi-threaded engine systems
- Understanding of computer architecture and memory systems
- Strong background in C/C++
- Solid debugging skills, including ability to debug at an assembly-level when necessary
- 5+ years of experience working in the game industry or related field
- Proven ability to collaborate, coordinate, communicate and support other team members
- Creative, motivated, focused, passionate, results-oriented
- Demonstrated ability to write efficient, readable, and reliable code
- Experience with commercial game physics APIs (Havok, PhysX, etc.)
- Development experience with a gaming platform (console, PC, and/or mobile)
- Background with physics-based ragdolls, cloth, and IK systems
- Familiarity with a digital content creation tool (Max, Maya, Houdini, etc.)
- Experience with rigid-body dynamics, collision detection, and/or contact/collision resolution
- Demonstrated work with modern consoles and toolchains
About Raven Software
Founded in 1990, Raven Software is the developer of numerous award-winning games and most recently, a major contributor to the blockbuster Call of Duty® franchise. We are based in Middleton, Wisconsin, a suburb of Madison, annually ranked on numerous lists as one of the top places to live and work.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Raven Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.