Expert Cloud Application Engineer
12 days ago
Job Title:Expert Cloud Application Engineer
The Activision Infrastructure team is looking for a Expert Cloud Application Engineer to join the team either 100% remotely, or in our offices in Vancouver, Canada or in Sherman Oaks, California. This team supports a variety of cloud workloads and you will be instrumental in setting standards and supporting key technologies. You will help drive efficiencies for both cost and performance within Amazon Web Services and the Google Cloud Platform.
We work on building a set of easy to use Cloud tools and applications, as well as large, distributed systems such as Kafka and Cassandra, and keep them running in the Cloud.
- Build and manage our cloud application stacks, including Grafana, JFrog, and Hashicorp products
- Implement monitoring of systems and services, optimization of performance and resource utilization that identifies service disruptions
- Develop and manage consistent and coherent SRE processes and practices to support software development, testing, builds and deployment
- Assist in building infrastructure & tools architecture design to enable high uptime, minimize failures, ensure applications & data security, and expedite diagnostics
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve technical issues efficiently in a live production environment, and drive to quick resolutions, help with root cause diagnosis, and suggest improvements to prevent similar issues
- Participate in an on-call support rotation
- Consider security, sustainability, and supportability concerns with all work
- Knowledge of HashiCorp products like Vault, Consul, Terraform or similar products
- Monitoring, trending & diagnostics tools such as Grafana or Prometheus, including experience monitoring systems and/or applications
- Logging tools such as ELK, Loki, GCP Cloud Logging, etc.
- Alerting tools such as PagerDuty
- Experience Designing and Engineering large-scale distributed systems
- Experience building reproducible infrastructure, e.g., Infrastructure as Code
- Good working knowledge of source code control systems such as GitHub
- Experience with at least one scripting language (e.g., Bash/Python/golang)
- Solid knowledge of public cloud architecture concepts and practice (GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Communication skills, and use of these to support customers or developers
- Problem solving skills and ability to search for and implement appropriate solutions
Nice To Have
- Experience with Container Orchestration systems such as Kubernetes or OpenShift
- Experience with CI platforms like Jenkins, ArgoCD, GitHub Actions
- Ansible or Ansible AWX experience
- Clear understanding of Networking concepts (e.g., Firewalls, VPC, VPN, DNS, etc.)
- Working knowledge of databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Web servers/reverse proxies such as nginx, apache httpd, and haproxy
- Work/defect tracking & Wiki systems such as Jira/Confluence
- Knowledge of the use and maintenance of continuous integration and continuous deployment CI/CD systems
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com
General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
This role is anticipated to be assigned to work on-site at an Activision Blizzard office. However, we understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $121,500.00 - $224,880.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.