Expert Automation Software Engineer - Treyarch Austin
26 days ago
Job Title:Expert Automation Software Engineer - Treyarch Austin
Activision Blizzard, the company behind the blockbuster Call of Duty franchise is on the lookout for a passionate Expert Automation Software Engineer to embark with us on an automation adventure that will redefine our development experience and help us take our innovative games to the next level.
Automated technologies and tests are essential techniques we use to improve our productivity and detect and report defects in our products. It enables developers to efficiently collaborate and iterate on compelling and exciting gameplay, while unburdening our teams and increasing the overall quality of our products.
If you are passionate about automation, writing tests and tools, developing frameworks, and orchestrating data center automation, this opportunity will allow you to have an impact on games played by millions of fans across the globe.
What you’ll do…
- Design, implement and deploy automation technologies and tests within the context of our proprietary game engine, pipeline, workflows, and automation infrastructure.
- Identify, design, and implement solutions to improve automated test coverage.
- Collaborate with our stellar team to create and implement cost-effective, portable, and reusable technologies to efficiently detect defects in UI (User Interface), Gameplay or Online.
- Elevate existing automation frameworks, tooling and tests and any new ones after initial deployment.
- Craft and display crucial analytics and KPIs for tests performance, game stability, and more.
- Write and maintain stress tests, collect, and visualize data, analyze, and report results.
- Guide and mentor fellow programmers on the path of excellence in application, tool, and test development.
- Partner with leadership and stakeholders across functions and studios to design game-changing automation strategies.
To succeed you should have…
- 7+ years’ of relevant work experience
- A fervent passion for automation and software testing
- Experience developing automation or test frameworks
- Proficiency in Python, C/C++, and SQL
- A deep understanding of computer architectures, networks, and operating systems
- Proven success working in collaborative team environment
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, a related field, or equivalent experience
We’d love it if you also have…
- Experience leading or mentoring small teams
- Experience with mobile or PC console game development
- Familiarity with CI/CD technologies and architectures
- Experience as a UI Engineer
- Knowledge of QA (Quality Assurance) methodologies
- Hands-on experience with Perforce, Git, Grafana, Jenkins, Airflow, Databricks, Linux, Django
- An unbridled passion for video games, especially FPS games
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all the qualifications? Let us decide! At Activision Blizzard, we believe in breaking boundaries and embracing diversity. We encourage everyone, regardless of their background or experience, to apply. Research shows that often, you are more qualified than you think!
Automation Domain Mission
Our mission is to improve the quality and scalability of our games and products, and ensure we work in a healthy, stable, and productive environment.
We strive to achieve this through innovative, cost-effective, and impactful use of automation technologies and improved end-to-end orchestration of the usage of such technologies.
Ready to take the plunge into the world of gaming innovation? Apply today and join us on an epic automation quest!
Founded in 1996, Treyarch is a videogame studio whose purpose is to create awesome games for the world to enjoy. With this purpose in mind, we crafted the award winning Call of Duty: Black Ops series and pioneered the fan favorite Zombies mode.
At Treyarch, we empower the team to be individually driven to innovate on our games, processes, and culture. How we do things is just as important as what we do.
Studio culture and development, we believe it’s a team effort and that collaboration and hearing one another is key. Every day we face the large and small challenges together and every voice matters.
These values guide us in our mission to create moments that matter. Both to the players and to us, the creators. In an era where triumphs and defeats are readily shared, seeing players engage with our creations gives us great pride. Come help us create that next moment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.treyarch.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/treyarch, and @treyarch on Twitter.
PS, we’ve also got some pretty amazing office perks and benefits, like 20 vacation days and 16 holidays, 10 weeks of family leave, free lunches and snacks at our office, comprehensive healthcare, and more! Check out all the details here for more information: https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $121,500.00 - $224,880.00 Annual. These values reflect the expected base pay range of new hires across all U.S. locations. Ultimately, your specific range and offer will be based on several factors, including relevant experience, performance, and work location. Your Talent Professional can share this role’s range details for your local geography during the hiring process. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.