Expert 3D/Rendering Programmer
10 days ago
The successful candidate will be responsible for researching new rendering technologies, supervising/owning large portions of the game mandate, assisting lead engineers to meet goals on schedule and on target, mentoring less experienced engineers, and being an evangelist for the project.
- Design, implement, upgrade and maintain run-time rendering and graphics pipeline code for our games
- Own, upgrade and maintain our rendering tools, pipeline and related code in our proprietary game engine
- Become subject matter expert on the code base and technologies used, innovate new solutions for rendering problems, including real-time performance, visual quality, and content-generation costs;
- Spread best practices for programming languages/technologies in use as well as advanced debugging techniques;
- Help establish clear coding best practices including guidance in regular code reviews;
- Bring experience from other game projects to bear, including identifying risks, and both imminent and long-term problems;
- Mentor less experienced engineers;
- Ensure the creation of strong technical documentation and assist in the creation of submission materials as required by console manufacturers;
- Work with the production, programmers, design and art leads to create task and schedule estimates for programming team and track development efforts across the team;
- Continually review the game and development process and identify areas that need improvement, including cross-disciplinary awareness. The successful expert programmer is also a resource outside of their core discipline;
- 10 years of experience, preferably with rendering and content pipeline
- Ability to optimize and release features within strict performance budgets
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art approaches in the 3D graphics industry (Siggraph, Eurographics, GDC);
- Interest and experience in most aspects of game technology development;
- Extensive knowledge of C/C++ programming and debugging;
- Extensive knowledge of current-gen graphics APIs, next-gen APIs experience would be a plus;
- Strong understanding of multithreaded/parallel programming;
- Extensive knowledge of GPU/console architectures
- Ability to collaborate and work well with people from other disciplines;
- Experience using one or more game engines;
- Able to refactor complex systems;
- Excellent English (both written and verbal skills).
- Good communication skills, ability to efficiently collaborate with members of different teams;
- Attention to details;
- Passion for a career in the games industry;
- Problem-solving and open-minded;
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change;
- Working well in a team environment;
- Updating job knowledge proactively;
- Analytical and synthesis skills.
- International AAA game projects
- Access to cutting-edge hardware
- Experience using hottest internally developed game engines
- Proficient and fun-to-work-with colleagues
- Opportunity to travel abroad
- Medical / Life insurance
- English / French courses
- Long-term employment with 20 working-days paid vacation
Ubisoft Kiev has an opportunity for you!
Join Ubisoft Kiev Studio and become “Serious about fun” together with us!
Ubisoft is one of the leaders in entertainment, with a rich portfolio of well-known brands worldwide. In Ukraine Ubisoft has two studios, Ubisoft Kiev and Ubisoft Odesa, which focus on strengthening Ubisoft's presence on all platforms, with the main expertize in PC. Ubisoft Kiev was established in 2008 and is one of the biggest GameDev studios in Ukraine that collaborated on blockbusters like Assassin's Creed®, Far Cry®, Steep®, Watch Dogs®, Trials®, Rainbow Six®, Ghost Recon ® and more. Ubisoft Odesa was opened in March 2018 and takes part in the development of Ubisoft’s world-known franchises.