Experienced VFX Artist
12 days ago
We’re Playdead, an independent game company based in the heart of Copenhagen, Denmark. We have made two critically acclaimed titles, LIMBO and INSIDE. Our current project is a 3rd-person science fiction adventure set in a remote corner of the universe.
We are looking for a VFX Artist with an eye for visual detail and the ability to create strong visual effects. You will be the link between the artistic and technical dimensions of the project and therefore it is vital that you are able to develop a range of VFX systems and applications to facilitate this.
Your responsibility as our VFX Artist will be to create and maintain all effects for a third-person, open world game. You will work closely with the animators, programmers and artists on the team, to develop effects and supporting tools from the ground up in Unreal. We are particularly looking for a colleague who enjoys setting own goals and taking responsibility for their own schedule.
We are working within a highly focused and ambitious vision, which requires adapting to the existing visual style while contributing your own ideas to the whole. More than anything, we are looking for someone who is excited about all facets of game development, as well as being passionate about gaming overall.
Keywords for position
- Professional working experience within a 3D game production is essential
- A strong portfolio of work which demonstrates a level of mastery in VFX art and design
- Comfortable using computer tools and software to create visual effects
- This role can will be located at the Playdead office in Copenhagen, Denmark
What will you be doing?
- Creating the visuals for the effects, such as snow, dust, fire, water and sand using any systems and techniques that you think are necessary
- Collaborating with a dedicated team with high ambitions about visuals and physical integrity
- Great communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects
- Experience with PhotoShop, Maya or 3DS Max etc. and a willingness to learn new tools
- Familiarity with Unreal or other major game engines
Who We Are
We are a team of more than 70 creative professionals. We experiment and collaborate with a focus on creating new experiences, and as such we are looking for people who can help us achieve them.
Our approach to development does not include crunching towards arbitrary deadlines - instead, we particularly look for talented people who enjoy managing their own schedule and thrive on working within a friendly, collaborative environment.
We carefully craft games with obsessive attention to detail and are always on the lookout for others who share that passion.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.