This job might no longer be available.
Experienced VFX Artist - UK Based - Remote/Flexible
11 days ago
Are you an experienced VFX Artist looking for a new opportunity where you can make a real impact?
We want you to #JOINTHEREBELLION!
For 30 years we’ve been creating incredible video games at our multiple studios, but Rebellion is more than just games. We have our own film and mo-cap studio, we create board games, publish books, and through 2000AD, publish comics and graphic novels such as the amazing Judge Dredd.
We operate across multiple UK locations, with studios based in Oxford, Warwick, Liverpool, and Wakefield. Work-life balance is important to us, and we want everyone at Rebellion to work in the way that works best for them. So, if you are based in the UK, we are always open to discussing how we can support remote and/or Hybrid working options.
We are on the lookout for an experienced VFX Artist to join our passionate and growing VFX Team, to work across all our exciting unannounced projects in development!
The VFX team is responsible for all visual effects developed in Rebellions games. Not only particle effects, but screen post effects, material effects, mesh destruction effects and UI effects developed in Rebellions propriety engine “Asura”.
This is a great opportunity to gain invaluable knowledge and mentoring from a team with several years of industry experience, becoming a key part of the VFX team, producing good real-time VFX on time and to budget.
- Create, design, and implement high quality real-time particle effects using both static and animating 2D/3D elements
- Ensure the technical and artistic quality of the project by collaborating with Technical Artists and Senior Artists and make changes when necessary
- Implement and incorporate feedback from Producer and Leads into work
- Assist with optimisation and debugging to fix the issues raised by testers
- Fully realise a space with the assets available to tell an interesting and varied story
- Reference game design documents to develop an understanding of the environments, objectives, atmospheres, story, and style of the project
- Apply best practices, production pipelines and workflows
- Strong knowledge & experience with:
- 3D Studio Max
- Zbrush or Mudbox
- Photoshop or other 2D packages
- After Effects
- Easily able to translate concept and reference artwork into real-time particle effects
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of production pipelines and the video game development process
- Able to complete work independently with some direction
- Able to respond and adapt to changing circumstances
- Able to give and gather information to effectively communicate information
We offer an extensive benefits package to our team including:
- 26 days holiday + Bank holidays (increasing with service at 5 years – one day each year until you reach 31 days)
- Private Medical Insurance, healthcare cash plan, including dental and Vision
- Life Assurance, Income Protection & Critical Illness Cover
- Enhanced Family Leave
- Interest Free, Tax-Free loans
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- EAP a range of Mental Health and Wellbeing Support
- Plus loads more… including a wide range of discounts, freebies, and social events!
Whichever team you join at Rebellion we are proud of our open, friendly, and creative atmosphere. We love what we do, and we have fun doing it! As a big indie developer, we have complete creative freedom over our titles which allows us to work on a massive variety of projects across all the major platforms.
Find out more about us here
Our size, stability, and the variety of in-house expertise across multiple industries, makes Rebellion completely unique! We work in our own way, and we celebrate that as the key to our success. We foster an inclusive culture where you are encouraged to be yourself, to express your creativity and your talent. We are people focused and will support you in every way to can be the best at what you do. We recognise the importance of enjoying what you do and having a healthy work-life balance. We offer a friendly, creative, and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and a wide variety of benefits and development opportunities for all our teams to ensure you are fully supported with your physical and Mental Well-being.
We are actively recruiting for a diverse team and continue to add to our culture of growth and inclusion. Rebellion encourages innovation in all areas, and we look forward to hearing how you can help us to be better. We encourage all demographics of culture, gender, ethnicity, neurodiversity and beyond, because a representative team makes better products.
If you are interested in working at Rebellion, but this role doesn’t sound quite like you, we’re recruiting for a range of positions across the studio and we’re always happy to receive speculative applications via our website. Visit our Careers website to view all our live vacancies: Rebellion: Careers
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.