Experienced Programmer - Onsite
4 days ago
Are you an experienced programmer looking for a new opportunity where you can make a real impact on an unannounced world-class IP?
We want you to #JOINTHEREBELLION!
For 30 years we’ve been creating incredible video games at our multiple studios, but Rebellion is more than just games. We have our own film and mo-cap studio, we create board games, publish books, and through 2000AD, publish comics and graphic novels such as the amazing Judge Dredd.
We are on the lookout for an Experienced Programmer to join our passionate Rebellion North Team to work on a mixture of unannounced Rebellion games & with trusted industry partners on genre-defining games!
The Rebellion North team delivers code for multiple high-end projects with a focus on optimising code and delivery outcomes.
We are looking for someone who lives and breathes code, who is a creative thinker and enjoys the challenge of providing solid solutions to complex problems. This role involves working across many areas of game development, helping to design, schedule and deliver code with cutting edge technology on all the latest platforms.
As an Experienced Programmer you will be self-motivated with a high level of initiative and able to work unsupervised. The ideal candidate will be able to quickly adapt to and support in-house working practices and assist in mentoring Junior Programmers, as well as the usual responsibilities of an experienced Programmer.
- Develop and implement cutting-edge, intuitive solutions for next-gen gameplay, debugging, maintaining, and extending your own and existing code
- Write robust and maintainable code, optimising code for performance per platform
- Meet game design and technical requirements as well as internal coding standards, communicating with designers, artists, and other coders to ensure we satisfy game requirements and quality
- Identify and solve development obstacles or risks that arise, suggesting improvements and implementing solutions to improve performance and reliability
- Write and maintain technical documentation
- Research new tools, techniques and processes and feedback to the team on how they can benefit Rebellion
- Collaborate productively within a large multi-disciplined project team environment, communicating ideas and issues clearly, and supporting all coders on your team as required
- Be responsive to deadlines and work well under pressure, meeting multiple production objectives and deadlines
- Professional experience in a similar role having published at least one title
- Excellent C/C++ skills
- Ability to quickly familiarise yourself to work with a large existing codebase
- Ability to prototype as well as producing final code
- Strong debugging, profiling, and optimising, system design and 3D math skills
- Knowledge of console, general games and/or multiplayer development, and/or development tools such as Visual Studio and Perforce/other version control systems would be an advantage
- Experience using Unreal experience would be an advantage
- Deep passion for playing games
We offer an extensive benefits package to our team including:
- 26 days holiday + Bank holidays (increasing with service at 5 years – one day each year until you reach 31 days)
- Private Medical Insurance, healthcare cash plan, including dental and Vision
- Life Assurance, Income Protection & Critical Illness Cover
- Enhanced Family Leave
- Interest Free, Tax-Free loans
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- EAP a range of Mental Health and Wellbeing Support
- Plus loads more… including a wide range of discounts, freebies, and social events!
Whichever team you join at Rebellion we are proud of our open, friendly, and creative atmosphere. We love what we do, and we have fun doing it! As a big indie developer, we have complete creative freedom over our titles which allows us to work on a massive variety of projects across all the major platforms.
Find out more about us here
Our size, stability, and the variety of in-house expertise across multiple industries, makes Rebellion completely unique! We work in our own way, and we celebrate that as the key to our success. We foster an inclusive culture where you are encouraged to be yourself, to express your creativity and your talent. We are people focused and will support you in every way to can be the best at what you do. We recognise the importance of enjoying what you do and having a healthy work-life balance. We offer a friendly, creative, and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and a wide variety of benefits and development opportunities for all our teams to ensure you are fully supported with your physical and Mental Well-being.
We are actively recruiting for a diverse team and continue to add to our culture of growth and inclusion. Rebellion encourages innovation in all areas, and we look forward to hearing how you can help us to be better. We encourage all demographics of culture, gender, ethnicity, neurodiversity and beyond, because a representative team makes better products.
If you are interested in working at Rebellion, but this role doesn’t sound quite like you, we’re recruiting for a range of positions across the studio and we’re always happy to receive speculative applications via our website. Visit our Careers website to view all our live vacancies: Rebellion: Careers
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.