Schell Games is a highly talented group of artists, programmers, producers, and game designers led by game industry veteran Jesse Schell. We're the largest full-service education and entertainment game development company in the United States. Since 2002, we've worked with world-class clients and partners to create interactive experiences that engage and inspire players of all ages across all platforms. Presently, we are focused on virtual reality, augmented reality, location-based experiences, and social games.
Do you like to work on innovative projects in a motivating, friendly atmosphere? Would you agree that games can engage and inspire?
If you answered "YES!" to both questions, you might be a fit for our studio!
EXPERIENCED GRAPHICS ENGINEER POSITION
With expertise in all areas of game programming, our engineers are adept at writing code from scratch as well as working with middleware and existing tools. Our flexibility allows us to partner with our clients to determine the best technology plan that enables the successful execution of each project.
We are seeking an experienced Experienced Graphics Engineer to be a key contributor to our team. At Schell, you will have an opportunity to help build and create a rendering pipeline from the ground up and help set the vision for how our graphics should look and feel. You will be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining both high level and low-level graphics-related systems in partnership with artists and designers. You will also stay on top of new industry trends and updates to game engines used by the studio. We are in particular looking for a render generalist with an aesthetic eye who can work closely with our artists to make our worlds come to life.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Serve as a technical expert on topics such as optimization, multi-threaded programming, and hardware capabilities
- Profiling/Optimization of CPU and GPU
- Create clean, efficient, and well-tested code
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams in order to establish budgets for art assets and design concepts, along with serving as liaison to non-engineering disciplines
- Develop and implement new and existing rendering techniques
- Implement efficient and stunning industry-defining visuals
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 required
- Excellent 3D math skills (linear algebra, vector math)
- Strong graphics background with a Technical Artist mindset
- Strong knowledge of C and C++ programming languages
- Strong knowledge of industry-standard graphics APIs (DirectX, OpenGL, libGCM, Gnm Library)
- Self-motivated individual with excellent problem-solving skills
- Desire to understand hardware at a low level
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of shader programming languages (PSSL/HLSL/GLSL/Cg) *Preferred*
- Experience with GPGPU or Compute Shaders *Preferred*
- B.S. in Computer Science and/or Mathematics or equivalent work experience
Our studio is committed to providing an equitable and inclusive work environment that ensures that all applicants and team members are treated with dignity and respect. We will not tolerate any type of discrimination or harassment directed at any applicant or employee because of their sex, gender, gender identity, race, religion, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran, family or parental status or any other protected group characteristic. This equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy applies to all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
Prohibiting discrimination and harassment is only one part of the equation. “Diversity makes us strong” is more than just something we say. We value diversity in all forms because it is essential to our success, and we want every member of our team to feel their best creative self. Our development environment and social culture are based on welcoming, respecting, and celebrating differences among our team members and our players. We rely on each person to add their own unique skills and perspective to our culture. Every member of our team is responsible for making the studio as inclusive and equitable as possible.
Return to the studio's home page .
The candidate selected for this position will be subject to standard employment verification and criminal background check upon offer of contingent employment.