Experienced Environment Artist
16 days ago
Climax is one of the leading creative lights of independent games development with an outstanding line of top published titles. It truly is an exciting and inspiring place to work in the heart of Gunwharf Quays, at our harbour side studio in Portsmouth, England.
We are looking for an experienced and multi-talented, experienced Environment Artist with the ability to conceive, create and contribute to the team creating innovative experiences via artistic visuals. Proven experience in generating a diverse range of styles, technical expertise with current gen’ technology and / or illustration skills are certainly of benefit.
- Take ownership of an entire level and see it through from conception to a high quality, Beta finish
- Help concept and visualise environments via 2D and or 3D means
- To help conceive and effectively demonstrate creative and stylised artworks
- Critique and iterate in a group
- Follow and recreate established art styles
- Create optimized props and LOD's to aid performance
- Reliably demonstrate an aptitude for the platform technology, asset discipline and pipeline processes
- A minimum of 2 years of industry experience in a similiar role
- Some experience creating realistic style props and environments
- Creative and self motivated
- Strong and versatile modelling skills
- Experience using Maya
- Extensive experience using Unreal 4 / 5
- Experience using Substance
- Experience using ZBrush Extremely quality oriented
- Some experience setting up LOD's
- Strong verbal, written and visual communication skills
- An artistic education to at least graduate level
- Strong folio including examples of realistic modelling and environment
- Technical Prowess with real-time shader creation
- Good Environment lighting skills
- A keen eye for scene composition
- Experience using Unity
- Successfully worked with iterative development and rapid game play prototyping
- Console development experience
- Illustrative / concept skills
- Regular social events
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Fresh fruit and snacks
- A friendly, focused, ambitious and relaxed working environment
- Ongoing training and development, with career progression
- Discount card for all the shopping centre stores
- Great seafront location, a short walk from the rail station, bars, restaurants, coffee shops
- Group Private Medical Insurance provided by BUPA
- Group Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Private Dental Insurance
- Group Income Protection
- Company Pension Scheme
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Eye-Care Vouchers
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Bring your doggo to work! We're a dog friendly studio, bring your pooch in to meet us.
- Bean to cup coffee machine in the studio.
- Fresh fruit and healthy snacks provided daily, breakfast and some not so healthy snacks.
- In-house clubs and socials. From board games, tennis, football to D&D nights, there are lots of opportunities to socialise.
- Regular Socials including Project Wrap Parties, team and studio events, Christmas and annual Summer parties and soem great charity fundraising events.