This job might no longer be available.
Experienced Designer - Hybrid/flexible
12 days ago
Are you an Experienced Designer looking to make a real impact on an exciting, new sports IP?
We want you to #JOINTHEREBELLION!
Rebellion North are looking for an Experienced Designer to work on Rebellion games as well as trusted industry partners on genre-defining AAA IPs. You will have the opportunity to join an ambitious team working on multiple projects using different engines including Unreal 5. Join us as we shoot for the stars!
You will be joining the talented Rebellion North studio based in our Wakefield Location. Rebellion North are a dynamic and growing team who relish challenges and punching above their weight. Our friendly & inclusive studio culture fosters an environment where all team members can reach their potential in the fastest possible time.
We are on the lookout for an Experienced Designer to join our passionate and talented Rebellion North team to work on an exciting, unannounced sports game! The Rebellion Design team delivers design for multiple high-end projects with a focus on optimising gameplay and delivery.
The Experienced Designer is a new role dedicated to creating high-quality designs and prototypes for gameplay features following the project's creative vision. You will contribute to the game’s vision by writing detailed specifications of gameplay features to be used throughout the production process, and conducting gameplay evaluations with the team, providing feedback and suggestions to improve the game.
As part of the design team, you will play a key role in supporting the Lead Designer to develop the project and improve the gameplay. This role would suit an experienced Designer who has worked on at least one game for the full development cycle, looking to bring their skills to a brand-new, unannounced IP.
- Create high-quality detailed game design documents and prototype specifications that can be used throughout the production process.
- Develop and iterate the game design through close collaboration with artists, code, and other disciplines.
- Conduct gameplay evaluations with the team providing feedback and suggestions to help fine tune and improve the game.
- Track and update the progress of day-to-day tasks using the designated tracking tools.
- Assist with optimisation and debugging to fix the issues raised by testers.
- Apply best practices, production pipelines, and workflows.
- Support the Lead Designer in any ad hoc tasks and duties.
- Have at least 1 released title, preferably having worked on the full development lifecycle.
- High-level knowledge of creating game design documents and prototype specifications.
- High-level knowledge of professional game engines. Knowledge of Unreal Engine would be advantageous.
- Easily able to adapt to and help create new processes or pipelines.
- Excellent understanding of the video game development process and production pipelines.
- Be able to communicate ideas and thoughts about your work to colleagues both verbally and in writing.
- Provide resolutions to a diverse range of complex problems with minimal assistance.
We offer an extensive benefits package to our team including:
- 26 days holiday + Bank holidays (increasing with service at 5 years – one day each year until you reach 31 days)
- Private Medical Insurance, healthcare cash plan, including dental and Vision
- Life Assurance, Income Protection & Critical Illness Cover
- Enhanced Family Leave
- Interest Free, Tax-Free loans
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- EAP a range of Mental Health and Wellbeing Support
- Plus loads more… including a wide range of discounts, freebies and social events!
Whichever team you join at Rebellion we are proud of our open, friendly, and creative atmosphere. We love what we do and we have fun doing it! As a big indie developer, we have complete creative freedom over our titles which allows us to work on a massive variety of projects across all the major platforms.
Find out more about us here
Our size, stability, and the variety of in-house expertise across multiple industries, makes Rebellion completely unique! We work in our own way, and we celebrate that as the key to our success. We foster an inclusive culture where you are encouraged to be yourself, to express your creativity and your talent. We are people focused and will support you in every way to can to be the best at what you do. We recognise the importance of enjoying what you do and having a healthy work-life balance. We offer a friendly, creative and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and a wide variety of benefits and development opportunities for all our teams to ensure you are fully supported with your physical and Mental Well-being.
We are actively recruiting for a diverse team and continue to add to our culture of growth and inclusion. Rebellion encourages innovation in all areas, and we look forward to hearing how you can help us to be better. We encourage all demographics of culture, gender, ethnicity, neuro-diversity and beyond, because a representative team makes better products.
If you are interested in working at Rebellion, but this role doesn’t sound quite like you, we’re recruiting for a range of positions across the studio and we’re always happy to receive speculative applications via our website. Visit our Careers website to view all of our live vacancies: Rebellion : Careers
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.