Experienced 3D Character Artist
4 days ago
Paradox Tectonic Studio is looking for talented, experienced 3D artists to join our art team in Berkeley California, working mainly on producing 3D Characters and assets for our in-house title.
We are looking for 3D Character Artists who can create highly detailed and believable 3D character models, clothing, hairstyles, props, and textures for use in-game.
- Sculpt and create high-resolution characters, runtime friendly versions with clean game topology, UV’s, and textures for accompanying PBR materials.
- Work with external partners to help create and integrate art assets (writing briefs and giving feedback).
- Work with the team to drive and maintain a high visual quality of character models and props.
- Participate and contribute towards research/development on new tools and techniques to improve the art pipeline.
- Manage your own visual targets and timelines to achieve a high quality standard in a self directed environment
- Strong knowledge and production experience in character modeling using Maya, ZBrush, or comparable 3D authoring tools.
- Expert knowledge and production experience of rigging and skinning using Maya.
- Excellent understanding of human and facial anatomy, weight/scale, and silhouettes.
- Solid understanding of texturing, material creation, and physically-based rendering (PBR) workflows.
- Knowledge of technical constraints, and optimization for game engines.
- Experience working with game engines and implementing 3D work into engines.
- 3+ years experience as a 3D character artist in a production environment.
- Proactive self-starter with the ability to self manage and task.
- Good communication, organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills
Experience in the following is a plus:
- Interest in contemporary style and fashion
- 3D character animation
- Experience with the Unity game engine
- Experience with Marvelous designer
- Experience with character customization systems.
- Portfolio of realistic, highly detailed, 3D character models, with highly realistic textures (skin, hair, worn fabric/accessories, etc.), accurate anatomy, detailed clothing, etc.
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog, or online album).
- Willing to complete a short art test if requested to do so.
- Full-time and permanent
- Can be remote but expected to keep consistent work hours with a team situated in the Bay Area.
- Must be able to provide proof of work-eligible status in the United States
If you think that this description matches you, we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will interview candidates continuously. If you don't match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude and interest in Paradox might compensate for this.
At Paradox Interactive we celebrate difference and care deeply about diversity and inclusion. We therefore encourage you, no matter who you are, to apply for this job if you think you’d be a great addition to our team.