9 days ago
Age of Learning is a leading education technology innovator based in Glendale, California, with a talented team of more than 600 individuals comprised of nationally-renowned educators, curriculum experts, developers, artists, writers, designers, engineers, producers, product managers, analysts and marketing experts! Together we develop engaging, effective digital learning technology and content to help children build a strong academic foundation for lifelong success.
Our flagship product ABCmouse.com
Early Learning Academy ® is a comprehensive online curriculum and the #1 digital learning product for young children. To-date, more than 30 million children worldwide have completed over 8 billion Learning Activities on ABCmouse. We recently launched Adventure Academy, the first massively multiplayer online (MMO) game designed specifically to help elementary- and middle-school-aged children learn. It features thousands of engaging Learning Activities—including minigames, books, original animated and live action series, and more—in a fun and safe virtual world. Other Age of Learning programs include immersive English language learning products for children in China and Japan; ReadingIQ, a digital library and literacy platform; and a groundbreaking personalized, adaptive digital learning system that individualizes math instruction for every child through AI-driven technology.
We are committed to helping all children succeed. We provide our educational programs at no cost to teachers, Head Start programs, public libraries, and other community organizations, and have served millions of children through these initiatives. We recently established the Age of Learning Foundation to expand this work globally.
As we expand our global reach and increase the educational impact of our programs, we’re looking for passionate, ambitious, and collaborative leaders to become a part of our growing team.
We are seeking a highly motivated Experience Designer to add to our in-house English Language Learning/Thinking team. The ideal candidate will be a team player who helps teammates, enjoys participating in collaborative, iterative design processes and has solid UX/UI/IX design skills.
As an Experience Designer, you will collaborate closely with our Senior Creative Director and product leadership, including the Product Owner, Executive Producer, Game Design Leads, and other creative leaders. You will work closely with curriculum, design research, data analytics, engineering, and production teams to ensure adherence of the best user experience to the product's vision, providing clear design recommendations that address both the child’s and parent’s product experience.
This position requires high attention to detail and the ability to balance fun and learning based upon research findings and live data with the goal of creating lasting learning outcomes for young kids.
The ability to analyze user data in ways that result in clear UX feedback and recommendations to the Creative Director and game designers is essential. Experience in the education field is a significant plus but not required. A strong interest in creating online learning experiences for children is required.
- Work closely with the senior creative director, game design, art, animation, and a cross-functional team on our products’ UX/UI/IX design that results in an experience that engages, surprises, and delights users.
- Collaborate with design research, data analytics, and other departments to evaluate, engage, retain, and activate our users, and drive design decisions for an efficient, effective product experience that converts users to improve KPIs.
- Assess and apply both qualitative and quantitative feedback to improve product design while also promoting the best practices of experience design.
- Provide clear and actionable UI/UX/IX design recommendations and work collaboratively with the creative director, game design, art, and the product owner on refining and implementing such recommendations.
- 3+ years of professional experience in providing comprehensive UX/UI/IX design analysis and recommendation for cross-platform applications that entertain, educate, and activate users to be learners.
- Experience in using both qualitative and quantitative research findings and user data to drive functional product design evaluation and recommendations.
- Strong collaborative skills, as well as the ability to work independently.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with the ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- Strong multi-tasking skills with the ability to change priorities as new opportunities arise.
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills to both technical and non-technical team members.
- Candidates must include a link to their portfolio or provide work samples as part of the application process.
- Knowledge of contemporary children's media, especially children's educational apps and learning games.
- Familiarity with working in a scrum/kanban/agile environment.
- Experience designing for Unity for cross-platform design and development.
- Previous design experience in learning games.
Age of Learning currently provides:
• 90% - 100% of health and welfare benefit premiums
• A 401(k) program with employer match
• 15 paid vacation days plus 11 observed national paid holidays
• Team bonding events and a highly collaborative environment
• Commitment to Equal Opportunity Employment in addition to an inclusive and supportive company culture
• Access to our internal DEI Task Force that focuses on ensuring our products represent all children on a global scale
• Opportunities for professional growth through professional learning and development programs
• A temporary 100% remote work environment, due to COVID restrictions, to help ensure the safety of our employees
• Monthly internet stipend provided due to temporary remote work environment