This job might no longer be available.
Experience Design Director-UI/UX
13 days ago
Experience Design Director (UI/UX)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in interactive entertainment. We develop games, content, and online services across platforms. We have a broad portfolio of brands that span the most popular genres.
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, and EA SPORTS UFC.
Join us in driving the next revolution in games.
What You Will Do
As an Experience Director you will lead a multidisciplinary team of UI Visual Designers, UX Designers, UI Technical Designers, and Software Engineers to create world-class player experiences for EA SPORTS Madden NFL.
- Establish a unified user experience for EA SPORTS Madden NFL, it’s front-end UI, in-game HUDs, presentation flows and more.
- Lead your Experience Design team to create innovative and intuitive user experiences across a wide range of game features.
- Collaborate with Directors, Leads, and other Senior leadership stakeholders to align on high-level creative goals and product vision.
- Work closely with UX Researchers and Consumer Insights teams to identify player motivations, pain points, and develop strategies to improve the experience for players.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of Producers, Game Designers, Artists, and Engineers to work within technical constraints and tight timelines to solve large-scale design challenges.
- Lead the Experience Design team throughout the entire product life cycle, from pre-production planning and research, production, alpha, and post-launch content.
- Lead your team to develop visual and interaction design concepts with static and motion mock-ups, interactive prototypes, wireframes, UI architecture flows, and a variety of other design artifacts.
- Work closely with Producers, Development Directors, and other stakeholders on estimate and schedule work.
- Define the Experience Design organizational structure and processes to set your team up for success.
- Manage, evaluate, mentor, and otherwise empower Experience Design team members to do their best work.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Stellar portfolio that includes experience on either AAA games or top tier technology platforms and apps.
- Minimum of 5 years as a UX Design and/or Visual Design lead, and 10 years of UX/UI related experience.
- Ability to work well with others and have experience managing a large multidisciplinary team (UI Art, UX Design, and Tech).
- Solid understanding of the relationship between the disciplines (UI Art, UX Design, and Tech) necessary to deliver quality UI features.
- Expert documentation skills for wireframes and flow diagrams.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and focused manner to inspire and lead.
- Passion and insight into latest UI and game design trends across the game industry.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Various UX Design tools, G-Suite, MS Office, and more.