Executive and Equity Compensation Manager
15 days ago
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
The People Team at Roblox focuses on creating a sustained competitive advantage by evolving what we do in the people space (culture, leadership practices, organization, programs, etc.) into a thoughtful, integrated, low-friction "people operating system". We want to inspire people at Roblox to confidently take on challenging problems and allow them to push the envelope while providing what is needed to accelerate their development.
We take a strong quantitative and analytical stance on building and optimizing this operating system. The Executive Compensation Manager will join our Total Rewards team and will be instrumental in making that vision a reality. The role will collaborate with internal and external partners to drive and execute our executive compensation program.
This role is full-time and located in San Mateo, California. This role will report to the Director, Executive and Equity Compensation.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and help inform, influence, support, and execute our business decisions
- Manage the research for, and ongoing development and maintenance of executive and equity compensation programs
- Maintain executive compensation processes and policies; support Comp Committee meeting prep
- Manage executive and equity compensation in compensation cycles
- Manage executive compensation market benchmarking and ranges
- Develop communication materials to educate participants on new executive and equity comp programs or program changes (e.g. performance awards, deferred compensation, equity refresh program, etc.)
- Build and maintain reports, dashboards, and metrics and monitor the integrity and validity of the data reported
- Obtain a thorough understanding of our data sources and collection methods
- Develop compensation models and conduct statistical analysis
- Analyze trends in executive and equity compensation and build intelligence through reporting
- Work with large amounts of data and build tools to streamline the process
- Collaborate with our cross-functional team (Finance, Legal, Accounting, Stock Admin) to manage exec compensation inquiries
- Streamline compensation processes through operational and system enhancements via Workday, Zendesk, Shareworks, and other internal systems
- Manage exec compensation reporting, policies, auditing, and data integrity initiatives related to compliance, plan documents, and regulatory filings
- BS/BA in Finance, Accounting or related discipline
- 6+ years of experience in investment banking, consulting, finance, accounting, compensation or a similarly applicable field
- Experience with Comp Committed meeting prep
- Project management experience
- Deep understanding in design and structure of various equity plans (ISO, NQ, RSU, ESPP, performance shares, etc.)
- Experience with interfacing with the stock administration team; experience with Shareworks reports is preferred
- Experience with proxy disclosures
- Experience with running compensation cycles
- Expert in data analytics and modeling using Excel (can perform complex functions and scenarios modeling)
- Experience using knowledge of financial and business concepts relating to exec compensation is preferred
- Demonstrated experience effectively communicating and influencing stakeholders at all levels including executives
- Highly detailed driven with an emphasis on accuracy and speed of execution, coupled with the ability to see the broader picture
- Exposure to emerging, high-growth companies in the technology or internet sectors a plus
For roles that are based at our headquarters in San Mateo, CA: The starting base pay for this position is as shown below. The actual base pay is dependent upon a variety of job-related factors such as professional background, training, work experience, location, business needs and market demand. Therefore, in some circumstances, the actual salary could fall outside of this expected range. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. All full-time employees are also eligible for equity compensation and for benefits.
Annual Salary Range
$197,960 — $231,250 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.