Executive Producer, Publishing
Gearbox is looking for a talented and passionate Executive Producer to join our high-caliber publishing team. In this role, you will help build and manage a world-class team on an expansive game franchise enjoyable for all audiences.
This is a highly-visible role that requires excellent interpersonal skills and a detail-oriented mind as you work seamlessly between product development, marketing, retail, PR, community, and key internal/external stakeholders. This role requires a motivated self-starter with a “can-do” attitude and a proven track record of delivering quality games on-time and within budget.
The ideal candidate has experience working in the development trenches in a leadership role and is familiar with all aspects of development and publishing-related responsibilities. This role will require someone who is comfortable zooming out to the high-level view to make strategic decisions and then zooming right back to the ground level to stay connected with product development.
For the right person, this is a career-defining opportunity that will allow you to work with world-renowned and beloved IP while simultaneously shaping a new Gearbox franchise that will surprise, delight, and entertain the world.
We’re hoping to hear from a select few that meet our high standards and possess the leadership, character, and drive to have an immediate positive impact on this initiative. If you are fulfilled by embracing big high-level missions & fostering self-organizing teams, while serving as the model of trustworthiness, passion, and commitment, then let’s talk!
Examples of work quality & external references may be requested for this application.
This is a full-time, on-site position at a fun growing company with excellent benefits. (Note: Position is currently remote work-from-home due to coronavirus restrictions.)
Key Responsibilities (About the Job)
- Quickly develop and maintain strong working relationships & lines of communication with internal project stakeholders, creative leads, and external partners.
- Communicate product status, issues and launch plans to key constituents across the organization including production, engineering, research, marketing and business development.
- Work with internal business & finance leadership to develop business terms, forecasts, P&L, quarterly budget reviews.
- Identify major risks to the project and implement solutions such as external development partnerships where appropriate.
- Oversee creative pipelines, project reviews, & approval of project milestones.
- Collaborate with IP and franchise stakeholders from pitch through launch.
- Act as a friendly resource and mentor for other producers, assisting them in the resolution of complex problems and growing their skillset on other Gearbox Publishing initiatives as needed.
- You know how to get the best out of teams in a way where, despite the inevitable challenges of game development, everyone involved would happily work with you again.
- Started & shipped at least 2 projects in a principal production role within the video game industry.
- Past hands-on experience as a contributing team member of a core development discipline (Art, Animation, Production, Engineering, Design, QA)
- Excellent creative, critical, and strategic thinking.
- Excellent & enthusiastic communication skills; high levels of emotional intelligence.
- Excellent time management skills, detail-oriented, and can multi-task under pressure.
- Project management & visualization skill with JIRA, Microsoft Project, Hansoft, or other project management software.
- Experience working in concert with Community Management, Marketing, and PR.
- Thorough understanding of cross-discipline team collaboration and the process of ‘finding the fun’.
- Experience working with film, television, and other established IP.