Executive Producer – Central London / Windsor
11 days ago
EXECUTIVE PRODUCER – CENTRAL LONDON / WINDSOR
Who We Are:
2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming devices and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets. 2K is a leading publisher of today’s most popular gaming genres and most well-known for critically acclaimed game franchises like NBA 2K, WWE 2K, Bioshock, Borderlands, Evolve, XCOM and the beloved Sid Meier’s Civilization.
What We Need:
The Executive Producer is responsible for developing high quality games for 2K, from concept to release and for providing, maintaining and delivering the creative vision for the product within the commercial goals established. An Executive Producer is a leader of leaders, capable of leading multiple franchises/products across different development teams both internal and external while unifying each project or group effectively towards a specific set of goals. All candidates should be self-motivated, highly organized, and possess strong leadership and team-building skills.
The Executive Producer is ultimately responsible and accountable for shipping products on-time, on budget and to a high degree of quality whether as their direct responsibility or via their direct reports.
What You Will Do:
- Manage, lead and be accountable to multiple projects or franchises simultaneously at various stages of development from concept to completion while acting as the product’s champion with both the developer and the larger publishing organization
- Work with various development partners to help them realize their creative vision and support them in all aspects required to achieve the highest quality products
- Lead the strategic planning for your product budgets and milestones throughout the entire development life cycle providing regular updates to the executive management layer at the label.
- Ensure adherence to schedules and budgets through enforcement of milestone approval or disapproval as per established contracts
- Develop and execute on contracts for new and existing contracts IP. Specific ownership over milestone definitions and requirements along with budgeting needs
- As part of the 2K commercial team the Executive producer is the face of the developer accountable for driving execution of key publisher led initiatives with the developer while adhering to project budgets and schedules
- Manage and mentor production reports at all levels, assisting them in the resolution of complex problems, leading them on larger projects, hiring, personnel reviews and taking a keen interest in their growth and career development
- Assist and drive portfolio planning, product acquisition or licenses in order to support of the company’s business goals
- Travel, both domestic and international, is required
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- 12+ years of experience in internal or external game development shipping multiple AAA products required, live operations experience is desirable
- Exemplary in all aspects of the role – whether that’s managing the title/production team or managing interdepartmental relationships – inspires the utmost confidence with the groups they work with. A leader of leaders
- Must demonstrate strong fiscal and production sense, in managing both budget and schedule expectations both within the team and to executive management
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), time and project management skills
- Experience building, managing and enhancing working relationships with developers, vendors and other external resources
- Experience managing conflict and risk
2K is an equal opportunities employer and as such will endeavour to provide reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process where required. We invite candidates to notify us should they wish to discuss any reasonable adjustments.