Executive, Non-scripted & Alternative Originals
Los Angeles, CA
9 days ago
Rooster Teeth, creators of award-winning productions such as Red vs. Blue, RWBY and gen:LOCK, are looking for an Executive, Unscripted and Alternative Originals to join the current Development team, reporting to the Head of Development and working alongside top leadership within the company.
The ideal candidate has a passion for unscripted & alternative programming, is collaborative, and connected within the entertainment industry while having positive relationships with artistic talent and production staff. Strong communication skills along with a firm understanding of the pipeline is a must. S/he should be a true team player who can integrate and interface well with the existing department, both creatively and personally. The candidate should have a strong reputation in the nonscripted & alternative programming community, as well as a proven track record of developing, producing and selling unscripted formats.
At Rooster Teeth, we believe that the content we put out in the marketplace is only as great as the talent within the company which creates it. We are committed to building an environment which embraces community and champions diversity, while ensuring we remain the most creative, innovative and collaborative entertainment company in the industry
- This individual will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of development including but not limited to: Maintaining a robust development pipeline, sourcing and securing high-profile talent & IP, brokering option and development deals, pitching and selling projects to external buyers/partners and working with Business Development to secure funding partnerships for co-productions, where necessary.
- Lead the structured process of unscripted development from initial idea generation to pitch materials, working with the company’s entire Development team as the project moves through the development process.
- Collaborate with key creatives (Producers, Directors, Writers) on development projects, taking initiative to move projects forward.
- Develop and grow relationships with management companies and talent agencies in order to find new talent, formats and any other means to source new projects.
- Present ideas to executive leadership in a clear, articulate and engaging manner.
- Develop processes and workflows to maximize internal resources.
- Serve as a creative ambassador and build a culture of creative thinking and innovation with internal teams.
- Create opportunities for ancillary revenue streams within and around IP, such as integrating products and characters that can be merchandised.
- Liaise with RT Direct team, Marketing, PR, Sales, Programming as well as Business & Legal Affairs to ensure communication between departments is flowing smoothly.
- • 5-7 years experience in unscripted programming, including but not limited to development, producing and/or selling non-scripted & alternative programming across the marketplace
- Proven track record of sourcing and securing big-name IP and talent, negotiating high-level deals, and developing popular series ahead of the trends
- Strong, productive relationships with the unscripted community; including studios, agents, filmmakers, production companies and other well-known talent
- Deep understanding of the unscripted production process with experience in the various stages of production (pre-production, production and post-production)
- Significant experience leading development teams and delivering smart, relevant creative ideation
- Excellent persuasive presentation, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to sell ideas concisely to all levels
- Knowledge of deal structure, rights, options, and talent negotiations
- Deep understanding of comedy, gaming, & genre programming a plus
- Proactive & positive self-starter with the ability to work autonomously and collaborate with a team
- Must have an eye for high-quality content and be comfortable defending opinions in a collaborative environment
- Hear pitches, participate in notes calls, attend creative and general meetings
- Willingness to travel for pitches, conferences and/or general meetings
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, detail oriented • Ability to give discerning and constructive notes on pitch decks, edits, etc
- An artist friendly personality, someone who deeply values the creative process
- Proficiency with some or all of the following is preferred: Apple applications, iOS, Microsoft Office suite, Final Draft, Slack, Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro
- Excellent leadership skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Benefits + Perks:
- Medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, and life insurance
- Use What You Need paid time off
- 401(k) with a company match
- Catered meal on Mondays
- Opportunity for career growth
- Flexible dress code
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- Pet Friendly
ABOUT ROOSTER TEETH:
Rooster Teeth is a pioneering media and entertainment company responsible for some of the biggest online series in history, such as the award-winning and longest-running web series, Red vs. Blue. They also produce the globally acclaimed animated series RWBY, the first western anime series to be distributed in Japan; the award-winning Rooster Teeth Podcast; and Immersion, a reality format that brings video game theory to the real world. Rooster Teeth has a massive global footprint of more than 45 million subscribers to its YouTube Network, 5 million unique monthly visitors to its RoosterTeeth.com
hub and 3 million registered community members. The company was founded in 2003, and is a subsidiary of Otter Media, a WarnerMedia company. Discover more at RoosterTeeth.com